Sign in to follow this  
SCOUTER

Are there any nice wallet kits out there?

Ok, hear me out first :thinking: My friends father asked me (over the phone) if I can make him a wallet. At first I thought he was talking a nice Italian Tri-fold with satin liner... :helpsmilie: But then he said his wallet has lacing around the edge. Ok, I thought, the only wallet I ever made was for my Dad while I was at Scout camp circa 1975. He loved it :head_hurts_kr: well maybe not. I told my friend's Dad I would look into it. So I searched the net for wallet kits and found some that are lined and look decent. Could I pull this off?

My question is Are there any "kits" made that don't look like a kids craft project? :)

Edited by SCOUTER

You could use a Chaylor-Fenneli insert with a nicely carved back on thin leather. Either lace or stitch the edges. It would have the look of the Italian satin lined type with the personal touch on the back. Hidecrafter used to sell Chaylor-Fenneli and Peter Main did some articles in the LC&SJ magazine a year or so ago. You can see what they look like at Chaylor-Fenneli

Mike

Scouter,

Chaylor-Fenneli from Australia are probably the best insides out there. Hide Crafter does not sell them but you can check with the lead Mike posted for Chaylor-Fenneli and they can tell you who's is handling their insides. I just checked with Ron @ Hide Crafter and he said they are discontinuing several of the good ones they handled from another supplier also. I'm not sure what they will behandling in the future.

Indy