Lobo

New Rig For A Texas Sheriff.

There seems to be a sheriff in Texas who knows just how to get me to work. The gentleman contacted me to say that he had seen a photo of my personal carry rig and wanted one just like it. Feeling rather flattered by that, I produced it for him.

Enhanced Pancake model holster, single mag pouch with shield, handcuff case, and two-layer belt with fancy stitching. Made for a Colt Government Model .45 pistol, shown with my Kimber Custom CDP wearing a pretty nice pair of stag grips.

Fine tooling and exotic leathers can be real nice, but there is something to be said for a nice piece of plain old cowhide.

post-7487-024234500 1297429289_thumb.jpg

post-7487-012584900 1297429298_thumb.jpg

Looks awesome, Id love to see the back of that holster to get a better idea of how the belt loops are rigged.

The Enhanced Pancake model utilizes welted-seam construction, a third layer of leather between the inner and outer holster panels. I developed this approach in 2009, first applied to the Avenger style and later to the pancake style.

The welts consist of a reinforcing "spacer" in the holster's "wings" (belt attachment points), and serve several purposes:

1. The strength and rigidity of the finished holster are greatly increased, permitting the highest practical ride on the belt without tipping out away from the body due to the weight of the holstered handgun.

2. A natural sight track is formed, permitting the front sight to enter and exit the holster with little or no contact with the leather.

3. The interior space of the holster "pocket" is modestly increased, allowing the stitch-lines to be located very close to the outline of the handgun.

4. Tunnel-style belt loops can be applied, eliminating the lumps common to the typical slots used for belt attachment. This improves comfort as well as providing a smooth uninterrupted outer holster shell over which the cover garment can glide without obstruction.

Here are a few photos showing the construction details of the Enhanced Pancake being made for a 2" S&W J-frame during product development:

By the way, I consider this method of making the pancake-style and Avenger (Professional)-style holster to be a unique and proprietary method, although patents of such things are next to impossible to obtain or enforce. "Enhanced Pancake" and "Enhanced Avenger" are copyrighted trade names of CoryCo LLC, Dba: Lobo Gun Leather. Those wishing to utilize this method for their personal use may do so, of course. Those applying this method to holsters offered for sale are asked to show the courtesy of acknowledging the source. In other words, I don't mind sharing and helping others when I can, but I am rather proud of this development and expect my developments to be respected, as I respect the work of others.

Best regards.

post-7487-026329700 1297438267_thumb.jpg

post-7487-012878900 1297438316_thumb.jpg

post-7487-032110700 1297438332_thumb.jpg

post-7487-038210800 1297438357_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lobo

Looks great! Love the color and the thread color.

I like it all, but the stitching design on the belt really adds class to the rig.

there is something to be said for a nice piece of plain old cowhide

Amen! That's a fine rig... Congrats!

Ray, that looks really awesome and it is quite ingenious in design. I would expect nothing less from you though! I couldn't agree more with your exotic leather statement - I'll stick with plain 'ol cowhide that looks like that any day!

Edited by Eaglestroker

As I have said before, you are indeed a credit to the leatherworking industry.

Keep it up, . . .

May God bless,

Dwight

Nice rig! Liking that a lot!