Cyberthrasher

My New Round Knife From Leather Wranglers

This thing is such a work of art, I HAVE to show it off here. I don't even have it in my hands yet. Paul did such a great job on it!!!! I'm kind of speechless over how it came out, so I'll just let the knife do the talking :)

post-22094-0-13560400-1365439528_thumb.j

post-22094-0-59567700-1365439528_thumb.j

There is one major flaw with it!! It's not hanging on my tool board!! hehehe Yes,,, Paul makes a great knife. Just keep your fingers behind the sharp end!!

There is one major flaw with it!! It's not hanging on my tool board!!

Hey, that's the only problem I have with it right now too (except MY tool board, not yours)!!! :rofl:

That is some beautiful California Burl on the back end. Congrats!

That is some beautiful California Burl on the back end. Congrats!

THANKS!!!

I really like the varying colors of it all and specifically chose the set that had that little blonde piece on front :)

Between this and my new Bear Maul, I've learned that I REALLY have no experience in making choices - especially when it comes to wood!!!

I'm just glad that both Paul and Ed are masters at their craft and know how to make such beautiful pieces when they're working with people as indecisive as me :)

Edited by Cyberthrasher

Mine is on order, and now I'm doubting my choice of wood! AAAAArrgggggghhhh!

Really cool design. I bet its sharp as h*ll. Is it sharp on the shortside (the short blade faceing the handle) to?

Mine is on order, and now I'm doubting my choice of wood! AAAAArrgggggghhhh!

What did you choose Mike? If he hasn't started yours yet, I know he's got a good pile of the buckeye burl there - might be time to change your mind :)

Whatever you end up with, I'm sure it will still be a work of art!!

Really cool design. I bet its sharp as h*ll. Is it sharp on the shortside (the short blade faceing the handle) to?

Yes, it has a pull cut feature on it too. I opted for a Rhino tip on this as well. He has another round knife called the Rhino which has that pointed tip on top. It makes the overall length of the cutting edge a little shorter, but gives a nice point for getting into smaller corners. In terms of sharpness - both Paul and his wife said "the blade is SHARP!!". Considering who it's coming from, I'm reading that as "Super Scary Sharp!!" :)

That's a fantastic knife, I know it will work well for YEARS! I bought one from Paul last year and love it!

Bob

Cyber, I chose a two tone with some red accents. I love the idea of it, but the burly wood stuff is so classic looking. I talked to paul last night and he hasn't started it yet so I have time if I want to change it.

Cyber, I chose a two tone with some red accents. I love the idea of it, but the burly wood stuff is so classic looking. I talked to paul last night and he hasn't started it yet so I have time if I want to change it.

ah, was that one of his diamondwood scales?

here's the pictures of his current lot of burl :) (just to make things harder on you)

https://www.facebook.com/LeatherWranglers?ref=ts&fref=ts

Allen, I changed my order and picked the bottom right piece! Thanks dude!

Right on man!! I knew you couldn't hold out after seeing the beautiful stock on hand :)

I caved. Rosa was laughing in the background....

I caved. Rosa was laughing in the background....

:rofl: I'm such a bad influence sometimes. I hold no responsibility when it's time to explain the added cost!!! ;)

wait theres added cost? oh no!!!

wait theres added cost? oh no!!!

yeah, I want to say it was $35 for the custom wood. Paul will let you know for sure. I looked at it like this - I'm already paying $275 for a really cool knife. Why not pay a little bit more to make it 100% custom and guaranteed to be 1 of a kind :)

Mine was already an upgrade so same price! woo hoo!

I gotta call Paul and tell him to charge Mike2 the PITA price!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Mine was already an upgrade so same price! woo hoo!

Cool, so there won't be any splainin' to do :rofl:

Love that knife, I just got an SK-3 and its awesome, so picking up the round knife anytime soon will result in a smack in the back of the head from my fiance. (Working with headphones on and leaving invoices laying around equals surprise attacks)