Sign in to follow this  
SimonJester753

"saddle Stand" In Antique Store

Here's a picture of what they call a "saddle stand", which looks like a stitching pony. It's missing a few pieces.

How much is it worth? I'm figuring I have the skills and the plans to build one from scratch, but this is most of the way done. It just needs some hardware and a strap.post-15650-009076100 1329975130_thumb.jp

Edited by SimonJester753

Here's a picture of what they call a "saddle stand", which looks like a stitching pony. It's missing a few pieces.

How much is it worth? I'm figuring I have the skills and the plans to build one from scratch, but this is most of the way done. It just needs some hardware and a strap.post-15650-009076100 1329975130_thumb.jp

The pic is upside down, could you please repost it. It looks to be a stitching horse.

/ Knut

Edited by oldtimer

That is a nice looking stitching pony.

post-12567-065052100 1329993810_thumb.jp

The pic is upside down, could you please repost it. It looks to be a stitching horse.

/ Knut

It's odd. When I open it in Photoshop or view it in an email it's right side up.

Hard to put an exact number on it. It looks to be an older style harness stitching horse in pretty good condition. Factors on price would be how much it rocks or is it solid? It looks like it is only missing the foot bar and the plate to hook the comb. Any other condition issues? As a range I have paid from $75 up to $200 for comnplete stitching horses in good condition in antique stores. I bought a saddler's stitching horse with some history for $300.

Hard to put an exact number on it. It looks to be an older style harness stitching horse in pretty good condition. Factors on price would be how much it rocks or is it solid? It looks like it is only missing the foot bar and the plate to hook the comb. Any other condition issues? As a range I have paid from $75 up to $200 for comnplete stitching horses in good condition in antique stores. I bought a saddler's stitching horse with some history for $300.

I think they were asking $130.

I'll check it out and see if it's sturdy or wobbly.

I think they were asking $130.

I'll check it out and see if it's sturdy or wobbly.

Simon, if I had the money I'd grab it in a New York minute. Something that lasts in good shape 50-75 or more years will out last you plus the woods so mellow from being sat on. Cheryl

Simon, if I had the money I'd grab it in a New York minute. Something that lasts in good shape 50-75 or more years will out last you plus the woods so mellow from being sat on. Cheryl

I walked past the store today. It was no longer in the window, but it may still be in the store. I was holding off till I payed off a credit card before buying more "toys."

I walked past the store today. It was no longer in the window, but it may still be in the store. I was holding off till I payed off a credit card before buying more "toys."

Now that's always the dilemma isn't it. Strike while the iron's hot, or a penny saved, etc. I hope it's still there if you really want it Simon. Cheryl