steelhawk

Notebook Cover Question

Has anyone made a notebook cover where the top can be folded over to the back so when using it to write, it takes up only a bit more room on the desk than the pad inside?

Has anyone made a notebook cover where the top can be folded over to the back so when using it to write, it takes up only a bit more room on the desk than the pad inside?

I am attaching a picture of a pad holder I did that folds double. It was for my uncle who is a cattle buyer. He wanted it to fold over so he could stick it into the steering wheel and write contracts. It needed to be stiff and I used a clipboard clip inside the back cover and stiffener on the front to make an edge to break against. The cover is made from 7/8 that was thinned to about 4 oz at the fold. The lining was 4 oz so it could staned the stress of folding a little better. Adfter a few years of daily use it has held up well.

post-29-094380800 1329328720_thumb.jpg

I did one for a customer that he requested. The top flips over to the back. It holds a steno pad one one side and loose papers and business cards on the other. There is a dowel in the pen holder. I put a loop on the front and back cover and so the pen holds it together when it is closes. He had a custom over-sized pen made for it so that's why the dowel looks so big!

post-14241-053275700 1329334696_thumb.jp

post-14241-046452000 1329334707_thumb.jp

Good idea where the loops in the front and back hold it closed with the pen!

John