CustomDoug

Garment Horsehide ?

Does anyone know of a good source for garment horsehide leathers ? TIA.

From what i know about horse hides, I don't think you are going to have much luck with this.

ferg

Springfield had some horse in chap or bag weight. Try them.

thanks yall... yes I knew sides of horsehide would be hard to come by, but I am open to getting some from overseas too and was hopeing someone had sourced it there if nothing else. I am not seeing any at springfield's website, atleast no leather that's described as such... lots of their leathers do not mention what it's actually from. If anyone comes up with a place, let me know. Thanks again.

why do you want garment horse? it;s no problem to obtain

why do you want garment horse? it;s no problem to obtain

Because the historical contract that I'm working on calls for it. Can you please tell me where to obtain it.

I am not seeing any at springfield's website, atleast no leather that's described as such...

This was a number of months ago- it was a special... As with many of Springfield's items, it isn't listed on their website, because it is a special- limited quantity, not in enough quantity to list on the site... You need to call & ask. Quick, easy, free call. It was in a very nice turquoise color. Maybe other colors available, maybe no longer available???

You should check Ebay. There is a guy in there with garment leather you are looking for. "loadsofleather" is his store name.

He is located in Scarsdale, NY

Because the historical contract that I'm working on calls for it. Can you please tell me where to obtain it.

Hi,

Can you explain the type of article that you are trying to create? For example is it an aviator's jacket? Or, does it go back to a previous century for another application? I'll try to help you. If your contract requires historical accuracy, please be careful as there are no established standards in our industry any longer. We have supplied leather for the Smithsonian, Library of Congress, etc, etc. I believe that the "forum" rules request that I respond on the forum, otherwise I would ask you to email me directly so you could have a more prompt response. I check the forum usually once /day.

Regards,

Steven Siegel

I have been getting it from Sheridan Leather.

Really happy to get it, but now I need it for garmet a garmet application where it could get wet on the inside of the leather. The horsehide fronts that I have bleed black dye really bad. I tried rinsing it out of it but it wont work.

Is it possible to get it where it wouldnt bleed? Is that drum dyed?

Needless to say, Im looking for it too!

Kate C