Tyrel

Tooled Low Moose

Hi All,

I have been working on this one off and on for the past couple months. It is a 15 1/2" Low Moose on a handmade tree by Keith Gertch. The conchos were made by Paul Kelleher. It is going to an Arizona cowpuncher who is going to put it to good use so figured I better get a few pictures before he tears it up. Let me know what you think...

Thanks,

Ty

post-10704-059177100 1320868594_thumb.jp

post-10704-093247900 1320868723_thumb.jp

post-10704-052234200 1320868777_thumb.jp

post-10704-041565200 1320869140_thumb.jp

post-10704-055269100 1320869212_thumb.jp

post-10704-063083600 1320869247_thumb.jp

post-10704-025808700 1320869286_thumb.jp

post-10704-044009900 1320869633_thumb.jp

post-10704-019685100 1320869741_thumb.jp

Edited by Tyrel

stunning! perfection..

pete

WOOOW!

Good looking work!!

Very nice, Ty. Looks really good. Hopefully he won't tip a horse over on it for at least a few rides.

Ross

Pete, Thank you very much. Its far from perfect but I keep trying.

Thanks Whinewine and compound.

JW, Thanks. Summered as well as a person can in Az I guess. It has sure been nice to get horseback and punch some cows and get my dogs hardened up since its cooled off. hope everythings well with you.

Thank you Bruce.

RWB, Thanks for the compliment, If it was my saddle i guarantee a wreck would be involved (thats why I ride a ruff out i guess) I just hope He has better luck than i do

Nice work indeed. Always good to get those pictures before they take it out of the shop, throw it in the back of the pickup and drive off down the gravel road...

I have heard that Keith Gertch isn't building trees any more. Is this an older tree or is my information wrong? Thanks.

Nice job, I think you kinda have this saddlemaking-carving stuff handled pretty well. I hope the cowboy appreciates your handiwork, I spent some time in Northern AZ and know how hard those cowboys can be on stuff. Again, excellent job, hope you post more pictures of work you've done.

Very , very nice. Please post more pics of your work. I always love to see what everyone is doing, It gives me inspiration.

Bob

Thank you Benlilly, antique does wonders. It made this saddle look far nicer than it acually is.

Denice, Thanks for the compliment.This is a new tree. This cowboy rides a saddle with a Keith Gertch low moose tree built by another saddlemaker and he wanted me to build a saddle with an identical tree. I called Keith and he was very reluctant to take the order due to some heath ploblems and the fact that he hates low moose trees.lol. He finally decided to build it as long as I wasn't in a hurry, It took over a year but it was worth the wait and will make for a very happy customer.

Thank you Harrington. I Know I don"t have it figured out. I have a big ol list of things that I would do different or fix on this saddle if I could. This country is not very forgiving, thats for sure! Right now this cowboy is on a wagon in norhern Az. and is not able to pick his saddle up so mabe it will stay pretty for a little while.

Thank you Bob, I also love this site and all the pictures. It gives us all something to shoot for.

Very Nice! Will he let you borrow it until June??whistle.gif

Tyrel- I REALLY curious now having studied the fotos. What exactly would you have done differently?!!!

Go into as much detail as you like please

pete

Ty,

I'll echo what everyone else has said about the beauty of your leather work...BUT..I also want to compliment you on the quality of your photographs. I really like the variety of photos and angles, and the fact that you get in close to the work. And I have to say the last shot of the seat is perfect...sharp, stands out against the black and really showcases your great work. Thanks for posting these.

Dave

Bravo! really nice job!

Really great looking saddle! You did a great job on the details. Interesting combination of different tooling styles. Nice rolled welt on the swell cover. Congrats on a job well done!

Kieth

Tyrel, What a beautiful piece of working art!

I am always blown away at the talent of you folks on this forum. Your work shows so much detail to fit and finish.

Casey suggestion to have that saddle in a show is a good one, but I know your client has other intentions--- a well built saddle will last a life time.

My favorite piece is the the Gullet, really cool layout. My hat is off to you! Billy