JHL

Straight Stitch And Walking Foot Are Interchangeable On Industrial Sewing Machine?

Hi, i am in a market for an Industrial Sewing Machine. I am looking at my local craigslist. i found many brother, Singer, Juki and Consew you name it. however, many of them say Straight Stitch. So i am wondering if they can be replace with a walking foot? thanks for the help.

This thread explains what you should be looking for http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25239

There IS a "walking foot" attachment that can be put on a straight stitch machine but it is NOT the same thing- it only mimics a true walking foot. If you're going to be sewing leather, just get a walking foot or jumpfoot to begin with.

thanks i read that, i want to make sure that "walking foot" attachment it will look like alien bug invader?

also, i am going to do car seat, but i am not plan to use leather as far as i concern. will "walking foot" attachment works find then? thx

Edited by JHL

I bought a Husqvarna Viking sewing machine many years ago for my wife. Little did I know at the time that it was a walking foot and now I can use it for leather. The needles for leather can be found in your local sewing craft store and on Ebay. Tim