BlackHorses

Union Lockstitch Manual

Help! Does anyone out there have a manual for the Union Lockstitch machine? I purchased a machine but it didn't come with a manual. I can run the machine but it would be nice to have a little more info on it. Please let me know.

contact connie nagel, at campbellbosworth.com, he now owns randall company which includes union loockstitch.

Call Weaver's Machinery sales dept at 1800 932 8371 and they may be able to help you, as they sell many parts for them as well as reconditioned ones from time to time

Edited by Elton Joorisity

You might also want to try Smucker's or Weaver. The Amish use the dickens out of those for harness. Phone: 1-717-445-5956 for Mose Smucker while they are still in business.

Art

Help! Does anyone out there have a manual for the Union Lockstitch machine? I purchased a machine but it didn't come with a manual. I can run the machine but it would be nice to have a little more info on it. Please let me know.

Do you still need one?

Yes, if you have one that would be great! You can e-mail me at info@blackhorseleather.com

Thank you,

Carol

I need one! 

Contact Campbell Bosworth in Texas.  They sell the machine and should have manuals for it.

glenn

3 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

That is certainly more informative than the original!!  Thank you Cowboy Bob.

1 hour ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Your Welcome ,the credit goes to Campbell-Randall for making it,yes, the original 3 pages sure left a lot to be desired.

When I got my first Union Lockstitch machine it didn't have a manual. I had to locate a harness maker that had a ULS and he was kind enough to photocopy his manual for me. I learned to thread and run the machine from that simple yellow manual. The fine tuning came with experience, experimentation and lots of bent needles.

There are few devices that can match the awesome clapping and clanging sound of a Union Lockstitch machine sewing at full speed!

12 hours ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Thank you CowboyBob! I stumbled onto that one as well! I was hoping to find one with parts numbers etc as well! I see a trip to Conroe Texas in my future!

Dang them for moving out of Youkum! That was 65 miles from me! Now they're 165 or so!

David Mills

11 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

When I got my first Union Lockstitch machine it didn't have a manual. I had to locate a harness maker that had a ULS and he was kind enough to photocopy his manual for me. I learned to thread and run the machine from that simple yellow manual. The fine tuning came with experience, experimentation and lots of bent needles.

There are few devices that can match the awesome clapping and clanging sound of a Union Lockstitch machine sewing at full speed!

Do you still have that old copy? If so would you share it?

2 hours ago, turbotexas said:

Do you still have that old copy? If so would you share it?

No. It went with the machine when I sold it in 2011. Besides, the online pdf is easier to understand, despite the typos.

22 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

That's so true!  I can identify the sound before I even see the machine!