Procyon650

Bison/buffalo Supplier

Just thought that I would mention a really good source for bison/buffalo at a good price.

I received 2 sides from The Buffalo Leather store and I am really impressed with the quality of the leather and the price.

The material worked out to $7/ft which I thought was great. The quality is good, the shape is regular and there is no damage or any problems that I have seen. I have not built any cases with it yet but that will happen soon.

I dealt with Dane Cotten and he was really helpful.

Shipping was prompt and packaging was good.

Blake

Procyon Leather

Peers Ab Canada.

Thanks for the review Blake. I've been thinking about giving them a try for a couple of projects I have in mind. This makes me a lot more comfortable with dropping some cash and giving them a shot. Would you mind letting us know what type you bought from them? I'm intrested in both their antique waxed finish and their "Sana Fe" veg tan.

Funny enough those are the actual ones I ordered. Here are my thoughts on the leather I received. Keep in mind I have not bought bison leather before.

Antique whiskey: Looks exactly like the website pictures, leather is flexible and the surface is smooth, not glossy and free of defects The piece is a relatively regular shape . On inspection I did not find any soft spots or holes. Leather measures out at 1.2 - 1.5 mm ( 3- 3.5 oz), a bit thinner than listed on their website. Will be using for some upholstery projects.

Sante Fe: .Firm temper and not as flexible. Surface is smooth and a bit glazed. Again free from defects and regularly shaped. A few wrinkles around the neck area.. Leather is 2.5 - 3.0 mm thick (6-7.5 oz) a bit thicker than listed on their website. This will make some nice cases or briefcases

My thickness measurements are only done on the outer edges. I have not used this material yet some I am unsure how it will work.

Overall I am very happy with my purchase

Edited by Procyon650

I purchased some buffalo leather from them once for a purse and ended up sending it back. It was not as flexible as I was used to; not their fault, just my preference. They were easy to deal with for my return. I buy the vast majority of my buffalo leather from The Hide House in California. Their chrome-tanned stuff is top quality. I get their 8 oz leather for moccasins and 4 oz for bags and such. Another good source for buffalo leather is Rocky Mountain Tanners. They have a great EBay store where you can see the exact hide you are buying.

Hi, can anybody recommend a source of buffalo leather suppliers in Europe or UK? Shipping cost from US to EU quite expensive.

Just thought that I would mention a really good source for bison/buffalo at a good price.

I received 2 sides from The Buffalo Leather store and I am really impressed with the quality of the leather and the price.

The material worked out to $7/ft which I thought was great. The quality is good, the shape is regular and there is no damage or any problems that I have seen. I have not built any cases with it yet but that will happen soon.

I dealt with Dane Cotten and he was really helpful.

Shipping was prompt and packaging was good.

Blake

Procyon Leather

Peers Ab Canada.

Did you have any problems with Canada Customs/brokerage fees?

There were no brokerage fees since it was sent via USPS. If I remember correctly there was just GST. Shipping was quite high though at I believe 60.00 for the hides.