Sign in to follow this  
Mike 257

Hello From Kansas City

Hello everyone, I am wanting to get into holster making . I have been lurking around for a while before I finally joined up a week ago , I have been reading everything I can here , but still have questions. I would like to meet someone in my area who can show me the basics .I have so much to learn that I dont know where to start , and how do I even know if Im going to be good at making holsters or anything else for that matter ?

Greetings, Mike! If you haven't yet stumbled upon the great holster-making tutorial videos by particle, you can find them here:

http://leatherworker...ch&fromsearch=1

There is also a local leatherworker's guild that meets near you (at Ottawa, just south of Lawrence), the Santa Fe Leather Artists' Guild, that usually meets the second Saturday of each month. There are at least a couple of members who are experienced in holster-making. Here's a link to their web site with contact info to get in touch:

http://santafeleatherguild.org

(Did I put my apostrophe in the right place???)

Edited by JustKate

Thank you for the Welcome , Kate that is perfect , Im soaking up as much information as I can . I dont have any hands on experience and have a lot to learn. I really appreciate the video and Im definitly going to attend the leatherworker's guild. My mind is going a hundred miles an hour with reading about machines, tools Im going to need, Im just reading everything . I am very anxious to get started on something. Im not getting my hopes up that Im going to be making anything sellable right off the bat but I am confident that in time Im going to be good at leather work.