wildland

Need Some Help With A New Pattern

I designed a new pattern for a friend and it just isn't coming out right. I could use some feedback.

post-10031-057741300 1282411962_thumb.jppost-10031-089093200 1282412081_thumb.jp

I know there are a few mistakes in this one but it is just a test run so it was done quickly, but it just seems to be missing something and I can't put my finger on what it is. I think it looks bland, so any pointers or criticisms are welcome.

Edited by wildland

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, I think it's a pretty interesting design. The only thing I notice that "bugs" me, design-wise, is the distance around the text. I would try to re-size and/or reposition the text so there is a comfortable and equal amount of open space all around it. I also might change the angle of the hammer slightly so the hammer face is more square with the surface of the anvil.

To spice it up, consider adding a stamped border around the edges.

Don't know if this is what you were really asking for... if it helps, great. If not, I'm sure someone else will pipe up, eventually. Look forward to seeing how the final project turns out.

Kate

Overall, I think it's a pretty interesting design. The only thing I notice that "bugs" me, design-wise, is the distance around the text. I would try to re-size and/or reposition the text so there is a comfortable and equal amount of open space all around it. I also might change the angle of the hammer slightly so the hammer face is more square with the surface of the anvil.

To spice it up, consider adding a stamped border around the edges.

Don't know if this is what you were really asking for... if it helps, great. If not, I'm sure someone else will pipe up, eventually. Look forward to seeing how the final project turns out.

Kate

That is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for and I thank you very much for you input. sometimes i just get stuck when working with a new idea and hearing others opinions and advice is a great help.

I like the basic design...I think you need to make sure the details are crisp so the details show. Are you going to add colour??? A border might add something to draw your eye...I agree with Kate make the hammer match the anvil a bit so it looks like it is being used... minor changes can be major! Good luck can't wait to see the final one!Cat

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

No I'm not going to color it I like the oiled leather look. I have been tossing around the idea of a border, or maybe just using my pebble backgrounder on the whole thing. I'm not sure which way to go with that yet. I will post the final product so everyone can see.