iwannabeacowboy

Do you believe this!

Well pard. Ya know what they say about suckers....well let us chock it up to people needing to do a bit of shopping around. Most people are not aware that they can get  something for less. For some reason they think Ebay is like a cheap swapmeet and that everything must be cheaper on Ebay. here are too many sharks swimming around in the Bay.

He's gonna cry when he finds out.

Kate

I believe he may cry harder when it bends or breaks on about the, oh, 14th impression.

O M G...... :jawdropper::jawdropper:

jawdropper.gif I was looking at them the other day and was suprised to see the Hidecrafter PA003 background tool went for $41.00 from this same seller, I see he has listed another one of the border tools..... Guess I should check my tool cabinet ......yes.gif - Deb

I believe he may cry harder when it bends or breaks on about the, oh, 14th impression.

Hmmm... apparently they don't have this issue with all their stamps. I've got that same exact stamp (which I bought from HC at whatever the going retail was. I've used it a lot with a 32oz maul and it's held up with no problems.

What is more amazing is that there were 3 others bidding it up right along. Possibly a family of sharks?

Any time I see a lot of early bidding going on, I figure there is some shilling going on.

Kate

I sent a message to the seller about the cost and never heard back....humm

EEEEEE......WHAT.........been there done that..........DOC............

Assuming that there wasn't any shilling going on, and assuming that everything was on the up-and-up, you can't fault the seller. Each and everyone of us would praise the buyer(s)' naivete and stupidity all the way to the bank, if we were in that seller's shoes.(And no seller is going to stop an auction to say, 'hey dummy, you're bidding too much for this widget, you can get the same thing at Hidecrafter for $7.99, and for $4.99 at...') And yes, I'm sure that there is not one of us on this site who hasn't done exactly the same stupid thing ("gotta have it gotta have it now no matter what, gotta outbid everyone else, gotta gotta gotta it's the only one out there in existence... :blahblahblah: "). What's the saying, Caveat Emptor... Let the Buyer Beware...? :Lighten:

:google0dw:

russ

Russ, were you the winning bidder?? LOL

Kate I haven't had this one bend or break on me yet either. But, the basketweaves are a whole 'nother story!

Russ, were you the winning bidder?? LOL

No, Tim. I've never gone that high on stupidity, nor even come close. But I've certainly done my share on the low end (so I guess that fits into quantity, not quality of stupidity). I now have learned to try to research first :innocent: , rather than to react :ranting2: .

russ

Wow! I could say something about a fool and his money or I could tell how many of that very tool I returned because it bent, but I will just sa : WOW!

I've been rolling this around in my head,which is a scary place sometimes, and I think back to when I first started back after a 30 year hiatus. I googled Tandy, and that was as far as I went on the internet for quite a while. Maybe those bidders made E-bay their first stop, didn't know you could get them anywhere else, and HAD to have it. Heck, if I hadn't tripped over this place, I would probably still wandering aimlessly my self. Just my thoughts.

Ebay is more or less just like any other auction. The price depends on the day of the year, and people think that just cause its an auction, it must be a deal. $75 today, and maybe $5 next week. You just never know.

Hooooooly coooooooooowwwwwwwwwww, thats crazy.

atleast that is the nicest way I can say it

different strokes fer different folks

I do have several duplicates of the same tools. Maybe I should call this guy?

Maybe it is the same guy who bought the first one?

see he has to have a "backup" in case the first one breaks......

If you check the bid history, you will notice the two main doofuses, :crazy: o***o & y***i :crazy: , consistently fought to the death :argue: once the bid hit $25 :popcorn: . Once they started the 'gottahaveit/gottahaveit/gotta/gotta/gotta/nomatterwhat', the stupidity dam broke over these two :gathering: and tweedledumb & tweedledumber drowned. :yes:

russ

well they saw the other one go for 75 $ and figure they are getting a good deal.......

Hi Suze,

I guess they didn't see the two Bob Beard tools that went for around $35 each, although they weren't the border stamp pattern which would have went for way more.

The way this is going, the seller must be on the phone with Ron daily to get more.

Art

well they saw the other one go for 75 $ and figure they are getting a good deal.......

Again, check out the bid history... one of the same tweedledums, :crazy: y***i, is now duking it out with a new doofus, :crazy: q***i & there are still over 4 hours to go in this auction... Oh, who will win THIS bargain??? (And at WHAT price?)[...hand across forehead...swoon...]

This is a leathercrafters' soap opera! :popcorn::party26::popcorn:

russ

Edited by whinewine