AODfan

Leather Stamps From Ebay?

I was wondering who here has purchased leather stamping tools from ebay and how they turned out to be. From what I have read is today's Craftool stamps are made in China and there are some lots on ebay for bundles of stamp tools. For example http://www.ebay.com/...g-/400466780752, just wondering if they are even worth the money, they kinda of look like the new Tandy Stamps to me.

These are Chinese made tools at less than $2 apiece, shipped. Need I say more. You will get what you pay for.

When purchasing tools from eBay, try to purchase Craftools without the letter prefix. Additionally, purchase only the tools you need to accomplish your current or future projects, bevelers, cams, turnbacks, matters, thumbprints, flower centers, seeders, border stamps, and bargrounders. Geometrics if you are going that route. Allthe cutsy things like butterflys, animals, and the miriad of other fluff rarely get used.

Then again, consider getting a few good tools from some of the custom makers, buy as you need. You can do a whole lot with just 10 or 20 good tools.

Art

yeah, stay away from "Z" tools for sure.

If you keep your eye out, you can find good deals on actual vintage bundles. For a good price range, I usually expect to spend an average of $4 or $5 a piece for the tools.

I've had a lot of good dealings with this guy. He's trying to move everything over to ebay now, but I've been able to get a lot of good tools off of him.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstore2.aspx?id=1657803&page=home&pageNum=2