DLBarr

Leather Writing Pad Portfolio/folder

I want to make a folder to contain a 8-1/2x11" yellow pad. Tandy used to sell a kit for such an item but no longer. Does anyone know of a kit available or a pattern? Thanks

I want to make a folder to contain a 8-1/2x11" yellow pad. Tandy used to sell a kit for such an item but no longer. Does anyone know of a kit available or a pattern? Thanks

Tandy sold most of those for 39.99 at the year end sale. I picked up a couple to do later. But I am a true leather NOOB and want to practice before messing it up.

There has to be someone here that can do a simi online class to show us how to make one (even the smaller size for the small yellow pads). For instance what do you use for the inside cover? I am trying to do oak leaves and be nice is they where included.

thanks

Texas Noob :P

Tandy sold most of those for 39.99 at the year end sale. I picked up a couple to do later. But I am a true leather NOOB and want to practice before messing it up.

There has to be someone here that can do a simi online class to show us how to make one (even the smaller size for the small yellow pads). For instance what do you use for the inside cover? I am trying to do oak leaves and be nice is they where included.

thanks

Heh heh heh....wonder if I dare ask.... well, here goes:

So Tex...you wouldn't want to sell one of those kits would you? :whistle:

Chan Geer has a great dvd on notebooks. It's not for 8 1/2x11 but you can resize to fit and it really explains and shows the process wonderfully.

Chan Geer has a great dvd on notebooks. It's not for 8 1/2x11 but you can resize to fit and it really explains and shows the process wonderfully.

I went to a guild meeting in my home town last night and Chan Geer donated a tooled album and wow does he do great work. I go look it up.

As far as selling a kit sorry no my wife claimed one them my son so I dont even get one :( LOL

You may want to pick up the Sept/Oct 2011 copy of the Leather Crafters and Saddlers Journal. It has a nice tutorial on making a notepad cover project, by Billy Brown. I used it with little modification to make Christmas presents.

If by "inside cover" you mean the lining leather, the tutorial suggests 1 or 2 oz leather.

As a side note, I've tried to duplicate Chan Geer's articles tutorials on "Fun with Basket Stamping" and have never accomplished what he can do. I end up so frustrated. He's amazing with that stamp.

Russ

thanks

Get some poster board and make your own pattern their not hard to make.