I recently started making watch straps and would like to have some clicker dies made but I need some

patterns of tapered watch straps to send in to get them made. I think if I make them myself that the dies may not

come out as nice as I want. Can anyone help?

thank you for your consideration

Can you upload a sketch of what you're trying to achieve? I put it on a CAD drawing that is more precise if you'd like.

now I really feel like a moron..how do you upload a picture...I looked for help on the site for uploading but I cannot find it????

thanks so much for offering to help..I really appreciate it

What's the length of the 2nd piece? (the one that isn't 130 mm) also, what is the distance between holes?

sorry...I left that out...110 mm will work..as long as the ends stay a constant width for a distance it gives me wiggle room to fold over where I want and make it longer or shorter the holes are 7mm apart center to center...thanks again

with that in mind the strap with the holes should be 140mm before folded over not 130..sorry

I screwed up the short band on the 24mm strap made it 26mm...fixed it.

watchband.pdf

Wow. Those look great. I will print them out and get on it. Thank you so much! I hope I can return the favor some day.

You're welcome. No need to return the favor to me, just help out someone else and Karma will get around to me when it needs to

thanks

Thanks! I've always hated making tapered watch straps, should go easier now

the taper is always tricky...now it should be easy

I have clicker dies ordered for these and can't wait to get clicking..

I will have a weaver manual clicker press soon as well.....

I made a mistake not asking for the most common watch strap size. Would it be hard to make a 20mm tapering to 18 mm strap just like the ones you made last week. What program did you use? I could try to do it myself. Sorry but I didn't know that the die maker would not alter anything that you send them. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Greg

Not a problem. The program I use is at the office. I'll upload it Monday Morning

After a lot of back and forth, Greg has finally blessed this latest version of the patterns. Sorry for all those who downloaded the earlier version.

watch4.pdf

its Tom that gets all the credit...I just gave some measurements...he worked hard on this and everyone should appreciate it..

these will make nice tapered straps that are not easy to come by!

PS..my diemaker texas custom dies did BLESS the drawings saying all the lines were smooth and plotted well to make the dies..

so there!

Are they giving you a volume discount? based on my previous quotes from them that's about 360 bucks worth of dies being cut

I don't know. I've only had them quote me. I've never ordered anything before but I'm about to pull the trigger on one or two items

i have priced a lot of die shops and texas is one of the most affordable with high quality ! They have made me at least 10 dies this year and I am a small guy.......

They have been very responsive and helpful as I am new to this. Very professional and helpful as well. Getting my weaver manual press tomorrow. No dies to use so I guess I will just stare at it for awhile!

Tom did a fantastic job on the patterns for watch straps..I had clicker dies made for the 24mm-tapered to 22mm and made my first strap and I am very happy with it..

1D052BA7-F193-4A5F-92ED-003A4A554C5F.jpg

872B7EF0-FB59-4A0A-A971-CDD8E008EAC1.jpg