ps0303

Where Do You Get Your H O From?

So where are you folks getting your Herman Oak from? I'm looking for a good price on shoulders "A" or "B" grade.

TIA.

I bought my last hide from Weaver, but I was not impressed. It was covered in scuff marks, the back was inconsistently sanded and had lines running across it like their sander/scraper had a nick in the blade, etc. I too would like input on an affordable alternative that might likely have a better product.

Call Springfield. I just got my first piece from them. It was 7-8 double shoulder. I don't think it was HO, they called it #1 which she said would be a better cut yet. Tell them you are making holsters and you want something that is as free of blemishes as possible. I typically prefer sides as they tend to be more free of striations and blemishes, especially around the back like you see on double shoulders. This double should er is nearly 100% usable. I was floored. The flesh side was immaculate and consistent. Just tell them this is your first order and you want to be impressed. I sure was. You won't find nicer people either.

Well,

Your only choice there is Springfield Leather, as HO does not produce shoulders unless attached to the rest of the side. Maybe you can convince Kevin to cut the shoulder off a HO side, but you will never find a double shoulder. I have a shoulder from way back still in the HO wrapping paper, just never got around to using it. I have used shoulders from Siegel which were very good especially at the price.

If you are just starting out, go with Kevin, he will treat you right.

Art

So where are you folks getting your Herman Oak from? I'm looking for a good price on shoulders "A" or "B" grade.

TIA.

I emailed Herman Oak and they said they do have single shoulders, $3.75 sq ft. 7 sq ft in size. Sounds like they cut them from the sides from time to time.

I'll also check out Springfield Leather.

Thanks for the info.

I emailed Herman Oak and they said they do have single shoulders, $3.75 sq ft. 7 sq ft in size. Sounds like they cut them from the sides from time to time.

I'll also check out Springfield Leather.

Thanks for the info.

Did they mention if you have to buy that in bulk quantities? Their website says you have to order at least 10 hides for the veg tan hides if I remember correctly.

Stevenson-Paxton in California. $99 a side.

Stevenson-Paxton in California. $99 a side.

We offer both "A-Grade" and "D-Grade" Hermann Oak leather.

www.spleathersales.com

hi all,

does anyone buy somehow leather directly from Hermann Oak tannery(not a distributor) ??