Clay

Inspirational leather work

Hi everyone,

Last night was the monthly meeting of the Dakota Territory Leather Guild here in Rapid. After our business meeting we were treated to a wonderful show and tell by one of our members. He used to work for Knotts Berry Farm in California. He worked along side of Ken Griffin and was given a folder full of Kens origional hand drawn tooling patterns. They were great!!!! There were the origionals of a couple of doodle pages, several pages to a book that Ken was wrighting but never finished and many other paterns. He alo had an piece of leather that was beyond belief.. it was an origional Al Stohlman hand tooled leather page from the leather craft tools book page 25. I was able to get a couple of pictures with my cell phone so I am sorry that they are not the best. It will be hard to top this show and tell!!

ClayM.

as1.jpg

as2.jpg

post-255-1224738613_thumb.jpg

post-255-1224738748_thumb.jpg

awsum piece of LEATHER HISTORY. thank you for posting...

has it been said before, just how many hours in a day did AL STOLHMAN do

his Leather Work . That man was #1 in my book

Clay,

Thanks for posting. I can imagine you were kind of in awe looking at the "originals"

I wonder how many more items are out there that only the owner knows of there exsistance?

Johnny