post-10280-0-41110300-1409433179_thumb.j

post-10280-0-87753900-1409433219_thumb.j

post-10280-0-90837900-1409433263_thumb.j

post-10280-0-18843600-1409433363_thumb.j

A few holsters I made latly, Alaskan guide holster for a med. frame s&w, A 2 clip IWB, a IWB for an ugly Glock and details from an shoulder holster rig.

All in 8-9 oz heavy steer saddle leather, Fiebings standard dye and 207 bondede Nylon thread....

Greetings to all...

Jim

Nice work there Jimbob.

Really nice looking holsters. I really like the work.

Nice work - I wouldn't mind seeing more on how you did the shoulder holster as I'm in the middle of designing one myself. Particularly I was interested as it looks you've curved the shoulder straps and made them flare.

Any tips on how you determined the proper curvature?

thx!

Nice work - I wouldn't mind seeing more on how you did the shoulder holster as I'm in the middle of designing one myself. Particularly I was interested as it looks you've curved the shoulder straps and made them flare.

Any tips on how you determined the proper curvature?

thx!

Well, not much to it....I usually start with 1 inch hardware so the strap starts as a one inch it gradually turns after about mid-chest into 2 inch sometimes if requested into 2.5 inch often the strap does not have a curve as on this one! But on my shoulderholsters near the ankerpoint I have a light curve into it for better fit near shoulder blades....just make a straight template then draw a slight curve about 3/4 up the strap about 1 inch of to the side....easy....mirrow turn for other side.

hope that helps a bit....

glad you like my work....thanks

James

I would like very much to see the shoulder rig on a person. I'm trying to work out a chest rig for a Blackhawk now (paying customers come first though).

God bless, Scott

Edited by srtolly

Go to Diamond D custom leather.....they have exelllent pictures of this holster on a person!!! You can really tell how it goes together and what it will look like being worn!!!

Hope that helps....mine is done sold and gone...

Jimboob...

Thank you, Jimbob.