Sign in to follow this  
cmh3821

Is The Techsew Ga5-1R The Best Choice For Me?

good morning all,

I am currently looking at my options for our businesses first leather sewing machine, I have been spending a bit of time reading about the various leather sewing machines ya'll use and have come up with what i think are two good options for us.

Our business allready makes a lot of dog gear from climbing rope, but we are expanding to leather.

We will be needing the capabilities to sew through up to three layers of 8-9oz and no more than 2 layers of 10-11oz.

I know i will need a reverse.

As we expand we will also be making protection work equipment for dog trainers (arm and leg sleeves, reward tugs, bite builder tugs, etc) so i need something that i can also setup for the "french linen" material used in this gear.

I have been looking over my options and i think for what we will be doing immediately the techsew gar5-1r would do the jobs we need. just leather leashes and collars and some bitework training gear right now.

what are the overall impressions of the techsew ga5-1r?

if ya'll have any other suggestions please let me know. Pricing is a factor but if i can do more with a different machine for not much more $ i'd love to know about it.

thanks,

chris

I don't know where you live but you might be interested in this machine on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Sewing_Machines

This machine is around 7 years old it was made in Germany before they went to China. They are not bullet proof but they

are very close to being so. It will sew the 3 layers of material with no problem.

From the looks of the Techsew machine it is a generic machine made in China that some manufacturers put their name on

as a matter of fact it looks a great deal like my Ferdco 440 minus the access panels.

Good luck on you new business venture.

Edited by busted