Mizzy

Singer 211A Chews My Leather And Fabric Up

Hello from Australia. This is my first post as I only found this informative site a few days ago. I hope someone can help me in my search for answers regarding my hungry Singer 211.

Firstly, if the middle presser foot doesn't lift then would this be a double (as opposed to triple) feed walking foot machine (I have no manual). If correct, then would this machine be a 211A157?

Secondly, why would the feet leave deep track marks, cuts, and even holes in thick leather or thin fabric? I haven't used thread yet, just trying out the mechanics.

The material tends to bunch up at the back, as if the feet are holding on to it still. Often it runs smoothly then for no apparent reason it occasionally just sits there and pounds away on the same spot until it rips the fabric apart.

I eagerly await your input.

Mizzy

You have a needlefeed machine,the material is getting caught at the back of the needle plate,there is a sharp edge(on the top from left to right about 1/4" across)) that can be filed off & it will prevent the material from getting caught.

Thanks Bob :)