cjartist

First Completed Project

A Christmas present for my Brother. This is the first project I have finished. I have a seat started. It is a dual seat that is going to require a lot of lacing.

So this is my third tooled piece but only my first lacing job.

GazzaToolRoll1.jpgGazzaToolRoll2.jpgGazzaToolRoll3.jpgGazzaToolRoll4.jpg

Edited by cjartist

What an excellent first project! I'd show you photos of my first project more than thirty years ago, but they didn't have cameras back then, and I threw it away anyhow. I didn't know much about tooling, but I was positive it didn't look right!!

It's good that you are willing to try challenging stuff starting out, because the bigger your steps the farther you'll go in this art/hobby/business or whatever you decide it will be for you. I'm sure your brother will be thrilled.

Merry Christmas.

Mike

Very nice first project. Like the tooling and the color is very nice. Lacing is a pain but it gets easier with practice. Thanks for posting it.

David

Thanks Mike and David. I am fairly pleased with the result. I was winging it and didn't realize there was supposed to be flaps on the sides that tuck in until after I started it. I can see several areas of improvement, but that's how we learn, right?

Many thanks to everyone who has gone before me, and posted your work here. It has truly been invaluable to a newbie like myself!

nice roll I like it all around, tooling, color and minimal lacing..fact of the matter its a gift for your brother that says it all he will love it nothing like a hand made gift specially for your scooter...

Thanks Mike and David. I am fairly pleased with the result. I was winging it and didn't realize there was supposed to be flaps on the sides that tuck in until after I started it. I can see several areas of improvement, but that's how we learn, right?

Many thanks to everyone who has gone before me, and posted your work here. It has truly been invaluable to a newbie like myself!

you could always go back and add flapps by lacing them in ...just a suggestion to that lil over sight..