David

Newest Bike seat

Hey all,

I've been working on a bike seat for a dealer out west.... Here is how it is going so far.

Feel free to comment....I always try to answer any and all questions.

David Theobald

11.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

16.JPG

17.JPG

15.JPG

PapaClutchArt.jpg

post-5652-1243811382_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811441_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811473_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811487_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811515_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811527_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243811542_thumb.jpg

Kick A$$ as usual

Your usual outstanding job!!! Looks great.

Art

Looking great David...as always! Can't wait to see it finished!

Bob

Nice job as always David. I got to see some of your seats in person at the SPS tent at the Smokeout east.

Scott

Looks real nice so far. Outstanding job.

Murse,

I am almost afraid to ask what my seats look like. The last time someone saw them at a show, they looked like they had been ridden for a year or so.

I can not figure why they don't keep a few seat for shows....and switch out used seats for new ones. A couple years ago, I was embarassed at how my seats looked at the Cincinnati V-Twin show, so I went home and brought a half dozen seats down and hung them in the SPS booth....

Go figure.

Thanks for taking a look at the seat.

Dave

I finished the seat assembly and lacing tonight

Hope you guys like it

Dave Theobald

Built1.JPG

built2.JPG

built4.JPG

built5.JPG

post-5652-1243826069_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243826096_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243826114_thumb.jpg

post-5652-1243826130_thumb.jpg

Frakin great dude, love it.

It is drop dead gorgeous David!!

Tom

Thanks for taking a look guys.

Dave

Very Nice Seat, love the cuts

Murse,

I am almost afraid to ask what my seats look like. The last time someone saw them at a show, they looked like they had been ridden for a year or so.

I can not figure why they don't keep a few seat for shows....and switch out used seats for new ones. A couple years ago, I was embarassed at how my seats looked at the Cincinnati V-Twin show, so I went home and brought a half dozen seats down and hung them in the SPS booth....

Go figure.

Thanks for taking a look at the seat.

Dave

Looks fantastic, Dave! Don't worry what the seats look like after they've been on the road for awhile. That's why you make them so they can be ridden hard and put up wet. I've seen a few of the seats I made for local bikes and they're holding up quite well and the ones I run on my bike look good. I tell people to put some Aussie stuff on it once in a while, or I can do it for them, but not too much. I want them to be able to give them good hard use. Weathered leather looks great! I know a local women rider who has a leather seat, not from me, that gets wet when it rains and she says it comes with the territory. She puts a lot of miles on her bike and the weathered seat looks cool. Sorry if I'm rambling .

great seat david! how many hours does a seat like this takes?

Bustedlifter,

I like for my seats to remain good looking. I've told the guys at the bike shop how to care for them but they don't listen... very discouraging

tab

I think I have about 20-25 hours in this one.

Thanks for checking it out

Dave

Bustedlifter,

I like for my seats to remain good looking. I've told the guys at the bike shop how to care for them but they don't listen... very discouraging

Dave

Dave,I'll bet your seats are still good looking even after a lot of time and miles! Kind of like the way a quality saddle looks after being exposed to the elements and hard use.

Dave,I'll bet your seats are still good looking even after a lot of time and miles! Kind of like the way a quality saddle looks after being exposed to the elements and hard use.

Hey Busted,

The seats are holding up fine, they withstand a lot of severe sun exposure in AZ. But, it sure doesn't hurt to clean them every once in a while. When you clean and aussie condition one of my seats that is a couple years old, the patina that it has acquired from hard use is beautiful. Kind of like an old saddle or old gun leather. Even black seats that have the black dye starting to wear through to a dark brown are really beautiful when cleaned and maintained.

There is nothing like the look of hard used well maintained leather seats.

Thanks your kind words on my seats... it is appreciated.

Dave

All I can say is WOW! Beautiful work.

Hi David,

I love your seats! They're just so, excuse the word, Pretty! You're tooling is so neat and precise.

Love it, love it, love it!

Shirley

Thanks Shirl,

The comments from you all sure means a lot to me.

Thanks again,

I'll be posting an update to this when I get it dyed.

Dave

Awesome as always, Dave. Your attention to detail blows me away - especially all the time you put into the undersides. That's real craftsmanship. A++++

Your seats are truly inspiring David. Seeing them on bikes and online are what got me started thinking I wanted to do this. A couple of newbie questions if you don't mind...what style of lacing is that for the sides? Looking at the finished photo, I'm thinking the lacing not only holds the top and bottom together but also acts as a hinge/expansion joint, is that correct?

Thanks, Chris

Your seats are truly inspiring David. Seeing them on bikes and online are what got me started thinking I wanted to do this. A couple of newbie questions if you don't mind...what style of lacing is that for the sides? Looking at the finished photo, I'm thinking the lacing not only holds the top and bottom together but also acts as a hinge/expansion joint, is that correct?

Thanks, Chris

Thanks for the nice words guys. The lacing holds the top and bottom together...no hinge action though, That basketweave lacing is as hard as a rock.... there's no flexing there.

The seats are assembled with no glue by the way

David Theobald

Thanks for the nice words guys. The lacing holds the top and bottom together...no hinge action though, That basketweave lacing is as hard as a rock.... there's no flexing there.

The seats are assembled with no glue by the way

David Theobald

Thanks for the clarification David, so then one more question...is it stitched after the top and bottom are arranged around the pan? I guess after your comment about no glue I am wondering how you get them to sit so tight and only appearing to have 2 pieces + lacing. Sorry for all of the noob questions...

Thanks for the clarification David, so then one more question...is it stitched after the top and bottom are arranged around the pan? I guess after your comment about no glue I am wondering how you get them to sit so tight and only appearing to have 2 pieces + lacing. Sorry for all of the noob questions...

Hey Spinner,

I always tie my seats together temporarily (I tie them together in about every third hole) and cut the temp ties as I lace it together. The are only two pieces. The close fit is due to the thinner padding 1/2" to 3/4" and a pattern that fits correctly.

Dave