Sign in to follow this  
Deanimator

To Mold Or Not?

I'm making up a few tuckable IWBs for my club's swap meet. I just finished a Glock 19/23 holster and will be finishing up a Glock 17/22 holster and starting on an M1911 holster.

I only carry and use Glocks (and M1911s) without light rails, since I don't like the rails or the lights. In order to cater to the broadest spectrum of potential buyers, I'm wondering if I should wet mold these three holsters. I've never owned a railed gun, so I don't know if there's enough difference in outline to make a difference if I wet mold to my 2nd Gen Glocks and my stock Norinco M1911.

Any suggestions?

Opinion 101:

The only thing I let out of my house to hold a handgun that is not molded, is a suede "possibilities" bag.

Everything else gets molded. Otherwise it is just a generic bag, and those come free with groceries at WalMart.

May God bless,

Dwight

Looks like the consensus is to mold, which I've done to my previous prototypes.

Thanks.

Looks like the consensus is to mold, which I've done to my previous prototypes.

Thanks.

If you have even a remotely close stitch line the railed frames wouldn't fit anyway so mold away.

If you have even a remotely close stitch line the railed frames wouldn't fit anyway so mold away.

I haven't gone with any secondary stitch lines from inside of the lines on the edge for precisely that reason. When wet molded to the non-rail guns, the holsters fit well. I haven't got a railed gun to try.