5thregiment

Name On Tooled Belt

Where should a name go on a belt? If it's in the middle in the back, it will be covered by a belt loop...any ideas?

When I by something for my self I never buy the item if there is a name smack dab in the middle of the design or where it is visible. I did not sign up to advertise that company or what ever, nor do I get paid to do so. So I never put my makers mark where it can be readily seen, i.e. bottom of purse, inside the buckle loop of the belt. I will even leave it off the item if I can not find a place to hide it. This is my personal preference since it is what I look for when I buy something.

You will have to decide for yourself how important you makers make is compared to the item and design.

Let us know what you decide.

BillB

When I by something for my self I never buy the item if there is a name smack dab in the middle of the design or where it is visible. I did not sign up to advertise that company or what ever, nor do I get paid to do so. So I never put my makers mark where it can be readily seen, i.e. bottom of purse, inside the buckle loop of the belt. I will even leave it off the item if I can not find a place to hide it. This is my personal preference since it is what I look for when I buy something.

You will have to decide for yourself how important you makers make is compared to the item and design.

Let us know what you decide.

BillB

Sorry, I didn't make the question clear...I meant the name of the person I'm making the belt for, not my name.

Thanks

Where should a name go on a belt? If it's in the middle in the back, it will be covered by a belt loop...any ideas?

I assume you mean a tooled name? Like the wearer's name not a maker's mark?

All I have seen have been centered in the back, and yes, usually partially covered by the belt loop.

You might try an images search online for some ideas.

I guess the custom is to put it in the middle back...yes, it's a tooled name.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have them put the belt on and then mark the center on the top edge of the belt by eye balling. That way it will be in the center. If just measure the belt and try for the center theirs a good chance it will off to one side or the other. Theirs no way around a belt loop being the way.

I have put initials on the billet end of the belt. Maybe if the name is short enough this is another choice.