BearMan

New Tool Rack

Hi Everybody,

Here is one of the things I've been working on lately. My new tool rack will hold somewhere around 400 tools, I have about 265 in it right now. I just received a large amount of tools that would fill this completely up,, but those are for my Son. I would have gotten one made by Sof-Grip, from Springfield leather, but I didn't think they made one this size. It a very nice design,,,BUT,,, it was a real pain to make!! The inside is micro fiber suede.

Thanks for looking,,, Ed the"BearMan"

post-7175-050474100 1281051645_thumb.jpg

post-7175-037080700 1281051658_thumb.jpg

post-7175-036318800 1281051672_thumb.jpg

Ed,

The setup looks almost like a stack of saddlemaker rolls.... What's the green on the Beard maul?

Regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thanks,,, I really like the design & function. Great concept,,, Pain to make!

The green on the Beard maul is the sales label from when it was sold, about 10 years ago. Yes, that may be the last un-used Beard maul. I don't know, there may be other,,, but this one has never been used. Ed

That is really nice....something I need with doors since I work out of the master bedroom. That way the wife doesn't have to see the mess of shiny tools.

Again, good work BM

I realize this is an old thread, but I have been looking for something like this for a long time.

Please tell me how you made it.

I was in Springfield Leather a few weeks back (first time), but forgot to look at the Sof-Grip rack. And, as you said, it is too small for my needs.

Are there rigid dividers covered in foam, covered in suede? If so, what type and weight of foam?

Is it fixed or floating? If fixed, how?

Do you have any tips/tricks/advice for someone trying to make one?

Thanks,

Steve Crumbaugh