Chief31794

Bass Strap

I bought a new bass guitar so I wanted to make a strap for it that matched. I don't like to paint leather but I thought the letters being the same color as the guitar would be sort of neat.

Chief

post-6362-0-62211800-1405796961_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-05792200-1405796963_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-16119900-1405797025_thumb.jp

post-6362-0-25963900-1405797468_thumb.jp

Edited by Chief31794

Nice. Looks real good from here.

Nice. Looks real good from here.

Thanks,

Chief

Good work, Chief ... Nice 4-banger, too!

Right On!! I'm a J-Bass player too. I have a cheap Fender Mexican J that I bought used years ago. I have changed out some electronics, threw on a detuner I never use and a have a new bridge. I havn't found one I like better.. just feels good in my hands. Sounds very different with flats I just put on it - but Im on a bit of a James Jamerson kick at the moment trying to learn some Motown stuff.

...I take that back. I tried out a MusicMan recently that blew my mind... but my wallet couln't keep up. Now any extra money I have is ghoing to leather working stuff.

Strap looks fantastic! Then again so does the bass.. Red with the tortise pickguard is very cool. Bass is the coolest iunstrument of all time! Ill have to tell my Billy Sheehan story sometime.

Edited by LoyalNine

Good work, Chief ... Nice 4-banger, too!

Thanks, yeah I like 4, I've played 5's but I get confused and there isn't a lot that I can't do some where else on the neck. The guys that love em' talk about hitting lower notes, fine, but the E is about as low as I've ever "needed" to go. It might be different if this were my main instrument, but I play Dobro in a Country Band and set in with a couple of Bluegrass Bands when they need me. I only play guitar or bass when the guitar or bass player are; 1) Sick, 2) Drunk, or 3) Incarcerated. LOL

Right On!! I'm a J-Bass player too. I have a cheap Fender Mexican J that I bought used years ago. I have changed out some electronics, threw on a detuner I never use and a have a new bridge. I havn't found one I like better.. just feels good in my hands. Sounds very different with flats I just put on it - but Im on a bit of a James Jamerson kick at the moment trying to learn some Motown stuff.

...I take that back. I tried out a MusicMan recently that blew my mind... but my wallet couln't keep up. Now any extra money I have is ghoing to leather working stuff.

Strap looks fantastic! Then again so does the bass.. Red with the tortise pickguard is very cool. Bass is the coolest iunstrument of all time! Ill have to tell my Billy Sheehan story sometime.

I've been playing a Peavy for a while and wanted this one, it's used, got a good deal on it, it is also MIM but it has the active electronics and I am loving it so far. I really like the Red with the tortoise as well. Thanks for commenting. I know what you mean about the Music Man, they're proud of them, some others too, but it's like Martin Guitars, regardless of what they buy they compare it to Fender.

Chief

I like it. The letters are cool.

Edited by Colt W Knight

really nice strap Chief. Cheryl

I like it. The letters are cool.

Thank you sir,

really nice strap Chief. Cheryl

Thank you Ma'am.

Nice of both of you to stop by and leave nice comments.

Chief

Nice job! I'm a Music Director for a community youth jazz ensemble, and I play bass too, so sweet job!

nice strap!!!!!!

I am buying a nice sunburst, tort guard, jazz bass for my daughter on Friday…...

your picture made me stop and admire, I always make a point to see your work.

Allan

Nice job! I'm a Music Director for a community youth jazz ensemble, and I play bass too, so sweet job!

Thanks,

Nice job!!!. Nice bass too

Thanks, I've been playing a Peavy for years, a deal came up on this one and I couldn't pass it up. Sold the Peavy the same day.

nice strap!!!!!!

I am buying a nice sunburst, tort guard, jazz bass for my daughter on Friday…...

your picture made me stop and admire, I always make a point to see your work.

Allan

Thanks, I think she'll love the Jazz Bass.

Chief