Sign in to follow this  
George B

45-70 Gov. Magnum Research Pistol Belt Help

Hi All, I have my first paying customer for a holster and cartridge belt for a Magnum Research 45-70. I completed the holster and all is fine there, however, the belt has me thinking and re-thinking the design. The cartidges are 2-1/2' long and the belt must hold at least 5 of them as well as all the weight of the monster pistol. I understand how to do the cartridge loops and the belt itself will be 3" wide, I plan on using a double belt for a smooth surface around the waist and having the buckle on the outside of the inner leather to keep the buckle from rubbing and digging.

Is there anything I am missing here?

Any, and I mean, any, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thankspost-18937-058477700 1297288165_thumb.jp

You can really benefit from buying John Bianchi's holster making video for cowboy leather. I had the good fortune of a fellow loaning me the three VHS tapes in his set, but it is worth the investment in the CD, . . . I've seen them on Ebay for around 40 or 50 bucks.

There are some pitfalls he walks you through that makes the difference between a gunbelt, . . . and a useable gun belt.

May God bless,

Dwight

Sounds like you have a good plan.I had one like that for a huge Wildey pistol, no cartridges but a double mag pouch,as well another pouch and knife/sheath.The customer wanted a 4" belt and I used two pieces of 10 oz..I used a heavy duty roller buckle.Dave

wildeybelt13.jpg