Sign in to follow this  
TheTrooper

My first complete Work

Hello @all,

here I have my first real leather project I´ve made as an X-Mas present. It´s an hand stitched leather bag with a tooled patch on it. What do you think ?!?

Cheers,

Marcel

leatherbag.jpg

bagpatch.jpg

looks nice.

nice clean bag! stitching looks good and consistant

Thanks a lot guys...

I have to do the stitiching by hand, bacause I don´t have a proper sewing machine for leather. I mean it takes longer (especially for a beginner), but from my point of view it also brings out the real "handmade" character of a project.

Cheers,

Marcel

I like that bag!

Looks great for bringing home those heavy milkbottles from the store and probably more environmental friendly than the plastic bags that are so popular where I live.

I can only agree with your opinion about the handmade characteristics, I really like the craftmanship to show through, now if I could just get rid of "sloppy work" too, ha ha :head_hurts_kr:

All the best and keep up that good work!

looks great.........keep em comming....

that was a lot of fun , was it not..

Beautiful work! Looks like it will hold up great. Make sure you keep it around so that you can look back at it in 5-10 years, I bet it will make you smile. Congratulations!

Marcel congrats on the first project its a nice piece you can be proud to show, Don

Very nice piece! Only one thing I can see you could improve- At the heel side of the bevel, run a modeling tool along the ridge to smooth is out a little. All in all, a superb job.

Very nice piece, Marcel. I would have never guessed this was someone's first project. It has a very clean and finished appearance to it.

Kate

Great looking bag Marcel, and for your first project and hand stitching I say you did a marvelous job. Keep it up.

Ken

@all

THX a lot for the kind words and hints. Can´t wait to start my next project. But therefore I still need some materials, hope to get my package from Tandy very soon. But the delivery to germany takes some time :-)

Regards,

Marcel

Edited by adamant-leather

I checked all of them and a lot of stuff I already bought from the bear gallery. But the dollar exchange rate is so nice, that I order directly from tandy. Sadly the geman distributors don´t offer all the sale discounts which Tandy has in the US.

And the peoples at Tandy are always nice and helpfull, so I prefer ordering directly from them.

The only thing I always order directly in germany is my leather itself.

Don, wich company do you prefer for ordering leather in germany ??

Regards,

Marcel

Edited by adamant-leather

i have a problem at the moment with leather as i was geting leather from bremen and a couple of years a go the place closed down so i was using another place in bremen but it has let me down so i will have to try another place out im not sure at the moment, if ill go with lederhaus or http://www.kobel-leder.de/index_de.html

or here http://www.kilger.de/index.cfm , Don

Hello Don,

you may also check out also this site Sohre Leder. From there I got my last leather.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks a lot guys...

I have to do the stitiching by hand, bacause I don´t have a proper sewing machine for leather. I mean it takes longer (especially for a beginner), but from my point of view it also brings out the real "handmade" character of a project.

Cheers,

Marcel

Marcel,

Nice work. I was going to ask about the stitching as it looks perfect! This post answered that question. Very nicely done!

Brent