These pics were taken during the making of a recreation project.

I was commissioned to re create a vest and wrist bands that Randy Rhodes wore during his time with Ozzy and The Blizzard of Ozz.

This project was heart felt because I had met Randy about a year prior to his passing and always had fond memories of his kind gentle nature.

The vest was made for a display of memorabilia at his families wine tasting room commemorating Randys life and celebrating what would have been his 54th birthday.

The Family owns a wine tasting room along with a vineyard and produced a special wine for the occasion.

Needless to say this was a star studded event and I felt a huge sense of pride for being asked to participate.

My piece was placed on a pedestal for all to see.

During the research stage we only had a few photos to look at and had to take our best guess as to what we saw. Unfortunately there were no photos of the back

The original vest was lost after Brad Gillas wore it for a few shows. The vest never fit Brad and he took it to a dry cleaner to have it altered.

The dry cleaner recognized the vest as Randys and refused to do the alteration. As a result Brad abandoned the vest and it sat in the abandoned clothing pile until the cleaner went out of business. During a close out auction a lady acquired the vest and offered to sell it back to the family for a exorbitant amount of money. Need less to say the family refused to pay and the vest has not been seen again.

A short time after the party some photos of the original vest came up on a forum, it would have been nice to see them prior to building but i believe we hit a home run.

I think that the poster was trying to discredit our interpretation of the original.

I have created a folder with all the production photos including the original pictures I was provided and the photos of the original vest for you to see. Included are photos of the muslin i used for scale. A stud lay out chart

and project evolution shots.

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

Please Follow this link for the photos

http://leatherworker...album&album=806

Edited by albane