Samalan

Second Holster (Mexican Loop)

This is the second holster that I've made and the first attempt at a Mexican Loop. The holster is made for a Colt Anaconda .44 Magnum. The leather is from Roger Folmar from RJF Leather who was great to deal with and runs a great business with fantastic leather; I used 8oz lined with 6-7oz. Finish is vinegar rune topped with 50/50 acrylic resolene and edged with WYO Quik Silk. It was then polished out with Rix Neutral Boot Polish. This entire holster was machine stitched on a Cobra 4. The design was very heavily influenced by forum member Jim R. Simmons and his tutorial really helped when putting this together.

Thanks to all for comments and criticism.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/J_Marchand132/IMG_9731.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/J_Marchand132/IMG_9730.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/J_Marchand132/IMG_9737.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/J_Marchand132/IMG_9727.jpg

Edited by Samalan

Fine looking holster there. Extraordinary job on the edges.

+1. Looks very good. I need to get some of that Wyo Slick. Do you like it better than Gum Trag or anything else you may have used?

I dont have the experience to know if wyo is better, but it is easy to use and it has no smell at all. thanks for looking and the nice comments

+1. Looks very good. I need to get some of that Wyo Slick. Do you like it better than Gum Trag or anything else you may have used?

Thanks everyone for looking and the nice comments.

Man does that stitching look nice. I need to get a cobra. Nice work!

Beautiful work! Did you say that is only your second holster?

Beautiful work! Did you say that is only your second holster?

Yes No.2 just got lucky and it turned out OK , but boy that's a big gun. thanks for looking

Was searching for anyone that used RJF leather and found this thread. Guess I somehow missed it when it was originally posted but WOW that is one sweet looking holster. Excellent job on it. Very impressive.

Thanks for the nice comments, Roger is a real good man to deal with, and the leather he has is really great for holsters. IMHO

Was searching for anyone that used RJF leather and found this thread. Guess I somehow missed it when it was originally posted but WOW that is one sweet looking holster. Excellent job on it. Very impressive.

Thank you for looking and the nice comments.

That is a great holster and extra impressive that its your second one. Good Work!

Thanks for that,but no it is the second one,of anything in leather really well no i did do a leather hat for a friend that came out nice. Thank you for the compliment , but really the people on leatherworker.net teach very well, and i thank them also.

You must have honed your skills elsewhere, knife sheaths or something? This is probably the best second holster ever!

Here's a few pictures of the first hat I made for a friend.

th_HPIM1600_zps1e9ae898.jpg

th_HPIM1601_zps3e786b0d.jpg

th_PICT0378_zps17b7cc0a.jpg