jshill

Steam Punk Hoplite/golem Helmet

Hi

Sorry for the photos (taken on a camera phone, hangs head in shame lol) here is a helmet I've been working on for a while. Had a lot of trail and error go into it as it is the first helmet I've made. It has seen a bit of use since I made it so it has been knocked about a bit.

1_zps899233f4.jpg5_zps0feec498.jpg

3_zps1dc43d1e.jpg

2_zpsa39b50d3.jpg

Here it is with the other pieces I have made for the the costume.

6_zpsbe32195f.jpg

Edited by jshill

Very nice!

Very very cool!

Hi, thanks guys.

Nice work. What is the bottle/tube for?

Nice work. What is the bottle/tube for?

Hi Mate thanks, without going into to too long an explaination I run a kids live action role play club in a disused World War Two bunker that we set to look like a dungeon its a lot like a theatre set so bits can be changed and moved about. The kids are armed with foam weapons and sent off on adventures were they encounter different kinds of monsters (adults dressed up) and logic puzzles. On one of these adventures the kids were sent to a mine because a golem had malfunctioned and started attacking people. They had to disable the golem by attacking it then program in a set path to return it to an area were it could be fixed. This required the kids to mix different potions and put it into the bottle then attaché it to the golems head tube. I can't rember exactly but I think there was three potions (water with food colouring in it in real life) red, blue and yellow. One was forwards one step, one was turn right, and one was turn left the kids had to pour 5ml of each in for each command. When the bottle was screwed in the golem would follow the pre-programmed path then stop and then the kids would re-program the golem again until they reached the required destination.

Wow, where was this kind of thing when I was a kid? That sounds like a blast! Nice job on keeping the kiddies educated and entertained!