Hello everyone, first off I would like to say thanks for all of the information made available by everyone its a great help. Okay, well I'm very new to leatherworking and I have been making leather cuffs for about 2 weeks. I have tried different techniques to get the "look" I'm searching for and I haven't been able to obtain my desired results. I am attempting to get a dull shine or a vintage look to my cuffs, I have read in different areas of using special wax to do this but the description of what kind wasnt listed where I was reading so if anyone could point me in the direction I would need to go I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for reading and have a great day!

Billy

Hi Billy,

Not too sure about "vintage", but after dyeing, use a fine sandpaper and a light touch to distress areas that would normally get wear, light overall use can give the "oxidised" look. You can then use Bag-Kote as a finish or even Pecard's. If you have access to a line finisher or buffer, a loose wheel or even a sewn wheel used gingerly can help the process along.

Art

Hello everyone, first off I would like to say thanks for all of the information made available by everyone its a great help. Okay, well I'm very new to leatherworking and I have been making leather cuffs for about 2 weeks. I have tried different techniques to get the "look" I'm searching for and I haven't been able to obtain my desired results. I am attempting to get a dull shine or a vintage look to my cuffs, I have read in different areas of using special wax to do this but the description of what kind wasnt listed where I was reading so if anyone could point me in the direction I would need to go I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you all for reading and have a great day!

Billy