Lui

long horn wrap

Hi all, I want to make one of them longhorn wall hangings with the middle wrapped in leather.

I have never done one of them, and was curious on how its done. I thought I could put a pair on the hood of my ole truck.

My question I guess is , what is used to keep the horns together and allow the wrap something to hold on to? Is it a piece of round stock wood wittled down to fit inside the horns?

I can always order a set and tear them apart but I figure someone here can tell me.

Thanks a bunch

Lui

Yep, you are on the right track. Wood between the horns.

Longhorn Saddles had a huge pair mounted on the wall. There was a section of a telephone pole that the horns were slipped over with about 2 ft. between them.

Longhorn Saddles had a huge pair mounted on the wall. There was a section of a telephone pole that the horns were slipped over with about 2 ft. between them.

Those would be a dickens to rope! Kooool on the wall though.

Yep, you are on the right track. Wood between the horns.

Ok thanks, I figured maybe wood between the horns maybe wrap the wood with rawhide to make it all even up then wrap it up.

Right?

Thanks

Lui

Ok thanks, I figured maybe wood between the horns maybe wrap the wood with rawhide to make it all even up then wrap it up.

Right?

Thanks

Lui

Yep, sounds good to me. Then, just figure out a way to attach 'em to your truck.

When you get them done post up pictures!

On a side note, dad has some nice skulls for me at the house, one being a sweet longhorn that I've wanted for years :whistle: I can't wait!