Tallbald

Cowboy 3500 Bobbin Spring Pressure When Inserting Bobbin Issue?

I will be calling the retailer tomorrow but for today, Sunday, I'm concerned something has gone awry on my new 3500. My bobbin ran out, and I went to install a new full bobbin but no longer do I have the small amount of spring pressure that pops the bobbin out of the carrier. What has happened? Goodness I hope it's not a hard fix.Help appreciated.

Thanks. Don

Shine a light into the open bobbin case and see if the beehive shaped spring has been compressed by something. Or, perhaps it popped right out of the case. Look for it. The bottom of the coil would be just large enough to fit tightly inside the barrel of the bobbin case and extend in narrowing coils about 1/2 inch tall.

Wizcrafts I thank you again. Yes indeed I luckily found the missing spring on the floor not far from my machine. I suppose it happened a day or so ago when I used a soft paint brush to clean out the bobbin area of hundreds of little dusty pieces of black thread that had come off the thread as I sew. I never really had a reason to look down into the bobbin holder so I didn't know what to be looking for as missing or out of shape. I'll try not to do that to myself again!

Thank you once more! Don.