I took the top off of this old bottle and the stuff just went everywhere! It's on the Formica counter top in my kitchen and I got some on the tile floor also. I've tried water, acetone, and alcohol already and none of it really dissolves it. Any tips?

I got under the kitchen sink and tried a few things. For the benefit of others who make the same mistake, the only thing the wife had that would touch it was Soft Scrub with bleach. I suspect Comet would have worked too since it was the abrasive action in the Soft Scrub that cleaned it. I'm just glad I didn't get any on carpet.

I would give mineral spirits a try......

My daughter used a permanent felt marker on formica ... I found that scrubbing it with tooth paste (the good old white stuff with some abrasive in it) removed the marker. Seems there is fairly strong bleach in it. The abrasive is very fine, so helps as well. Coarse abrasive will remove the shiny surface and pattern. Polish it like you would your best silver. Carefully, a bit at a time.