Hi all,

Long time lurker first time poster here.

I was fortunate enough to purchase a like new Juki 1541 today(for a very decent price) but the previous owner did not have the manual and I mistakenly thought I had a PDF that was it but it is the engineering manual. Now I have this beautiful machine set up and ready to go with no instruction on how to thread it or operate it. It's Friday and Juki offices are closed...so I'm crossing my fingers someone here may have instructions on how to thread it...so I could perhaps have a little fun w/it this week end.

Love this forum, I have learned sew much already!! ;-)

I didn't find anything about threading it. But i did find this and it may come in handy sometime. http://www.dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/JUKISERVICE/DNU-1541-S-7EM01_e.pdf

Can you take a picture of the machine ? If you can i bet we can figure out how to thread it.

I didn't find anything about threading it. But i did find this and it may come in handy sometime. http://www.dixiesewi...1-S-7EM01_e.pdf

Can you take a picture of the machine ? If you can i bet we can figure out how to thread it.

Thanks Dirtclod.

That's the manual I have thinking it was an operating manual...der...Luckily I'm fairly handy and my hubby is super handy. Hubby managed to find a Russian version of an operating manual...lol. Thank goodness for pictures! It's threaded and and sewing away. Ready to try a servo motor though! I can drive a clutch/stick car pretty well but popping the clutch on this is a whole different story :-).

Now I'm in search of the smallest needles this machine can take and thread as I have some projects I need to finish up that are light weight for this machine but were too much for my old Singer 401 (love my singer). It's just kipskin and felt I'm sewing through and what's set up on it right now is too heavy duty for the scale I'm working with.

I'm glad to hear that you got it threaded and your sewing. Using a clutch motor takes some getting used to for sure. I was taught to use one by toe first and the heel really quick kind of a on off thing. Pratice on some scrap though.

For needles Ferdco sells Juki machines and their are several sewing machine dealers on here that i am sure have needles and motors to. Good luck with your new machine.

I'm glad to hear that you got it threaded and your sewing. Using a clutch motor takes some getting used to for sure. I was taught to use one by toe first and the heel really quick kind of a on off thing. Pratice on some scrap though.

For needles Ferdco sells Juki machines and their are several sewing machine dealers on here that i am sure have needles and motors to. Good luck with your new machine.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Hello - just joined this forum. I saw the Juki 1541 postings and know I'm late to the party but I may be able to help.

I'm not a machine mechanic like Greg from Keystone but I have 25 years sewing on walking foot machines and now

train and consult sign and printing shops on how to sew on walking foot machines. The Juki 1541 is great for banners in addition

to leather and it's the machine I recommend first. I have a training dvd I produced on using the 1541 - it's not designed specifically for leather

but there's not a great deal of difference in sewing leather and vinyls. It covers all the basics of threading, inserting and winding bobbins, and all that good

stuff. We use larger stitches and more presser foot pressure for banners

because we're usually trying to maximize feed in pulling big banners through the machine. Obviously at some point you can start leaving "tracks" or marks on the material

and then you have to back off the top pressure. Let me know if I can help.

good luck,

Terry Sheban

Super Stitches