tnawrot2

Swivel Knife Blades

Here is the problem, I have XL hands and big fingers, when I use the swivel knife resting my ring finger on the blade, I leave fingernail marks. Does anyone make a swivel knife blade that is 1/4" longer in the blade part not the round post. I modified one blade by grinding off the middle part flat on one side and not inserting the blade fully in the barrel. That works, but I would like to get some better blades. I contacted Henly about some blades, but he doesn't manufacture extra long blades. Any information would be appreciated.

Here is the problem, I have XL hands and big fingers, when I use the swivel knife resting my ring finger on the blade, I leave fingernail marks. Does anyone make a swivel knife blade that is 1/4" longer in the blade part not the round post. I modified one blade by grinding off the middle part flat on one side and not inserting the blade fully in the barrel. That works, but I would like to get some better blades. I contacted Henly about some blades, but he doesn't manufacture extra long blades. Any information would be appreciated.

Same problem here- really clip your nail short and use an emery board on the corner, (don't hurt yourself!) and rest your little finger on the leather and not the base of the blade.

pete

Same problem here- really clip your nail short and use an emery board on the corner, (don't hurt yourself!) and rest your little finger on the leather and not the base of the blade.

pete

I've tried that, They make the barrels adjustable for people with different size hands, you would think they would give you the option of a longer blade. Who knows. now that we brought this subject to the forefront, some manufacture would that heed and come out with a longer blade.

Terry

Leather Wranglers will make just about any size blade you want. I've requested and received narrower and thinner blades than those listed on the Leather Wrangler site and I know he makes longer blades also. Maybe give Paul a call or an email, I bet he can help you.

Troy

I've tried that, They make the barrels adjustable for people with different size hands, you would think they would give you the option of a longer blade. Who knows. now that we brought this subject to the forefront, some manufacture would that heed and come out with a longer blade.

Terry

Leather Wranglers will make just about any size blade you want. I've requested and received narrower and thinner blades than those listed on the Leather Wrangler site and I know he makes longer blades also. Maybe give Paul a call or an email, I bet he can help you.

Troy

Thanks Troy, I went to Leather Wranglers site, looked at his blades, they look like they are flat which would be perfect. I could lengthen the blade by leaving more stick out of the barrel. Then I looked at the barrels he has available, that's where the problem arose, I have XL hands and need a 5/8" barrel, which he doesn't make.

Hi Terry,

It looks like Leather Wranglers will modify their blades to accomodate other swivel knifes and I think Paul just makes the blade shank even longer than usual if a person requests a long blade so you likely wouldn't have to leave more sticking out, it would just come to you extra long. On the SK-3 blade page it says... "For special grinds or requests, please call (505) 269-7575 or email us with specifics" so maybe see if he can do what you want. I'm not affiliated with Leather Wrangler in any way and I've only had different blade grinds done (extra narrow, extra thin, etc.) but I've found Paul to be very friendly and super helpful.

Good luck finding the blade you need.

Troy

Thanks Troy, I went to Leather Wranglers site, looked at his blades, they look like they are flat which would be perfect. I could lengthen the blade by leaving more stick out of the barrel. Then I looked at the barrels he has available, that's where the problem arose, I have XL hands and need a 5/8" barrel, which he doesn't make.