leatheroo

tattoo......midlife crisis!!!

A group of us at work are all going to get a tattoo, probably a midlife crisis decision on my part, but what the hell!!! (no laughing from those with lots of tattoos!) anyway my question is...do any of you have your makers stamp as a tattoo? If so, can i see a pic ??

I've always considered a tattoo similar to that. I've seen many people that have their shop logo tattoed on them and it looks quite nice. I don't think it's a centerpiece type of tattoo that should be highly visible (my opinion) but put in the right place it can be pretty cool. Mind, if someone has alot of tats to begin with I guess wherever they put it would be a centerpiece lol.

I've got my mark just below my elbow but I can't seem to post a pic.Something about dynamic images or something like that.How about some help.

If I remember right, WC from Standing Bears Trading Post has a really neat tattoo of one of his leather carvings on his arm. Wayne, you here? Can you show a pic??

STEVE.............THAT IS A GOOD ONE.......... :notworthy:

I would think that if you are going to put a maker marker on yourself shouldn't it have your parents name on it instead of yours??? :thumbsup:

:rofl:

Karl

I would think that if you are going to put a maker marker on yourself shouldn't it have your parents name on it instead of yours??? :thumbsup:

less'n ya consider yerself a self made man/woman ;0)

If I remember right, WC from Standing Bears Trading Post has a really neat tattoo of one of his leather carvings on his arm. Wayne, you here? Can you show a pic??

Howdy Clay

You are right. I have two of them for both my businesses. I had the floral done first then I had the meander boarder added when my father in law passed away, his initials are in the bottom of the meander. When Standing Bears Trading Post was given to me by Bears family after he passed I had the medicine wheel done.

It is just about time to have the color redone on the floral

WC

NewTat2_WC.jpg

NewTat3_WC.jpg

post-70-1233309356_thumb.jpg

post-70-1233309382_thumb.jpg

sweet!!

You have to redo tattoos to keep the color?

You have to redo tattoos to keep the color?

Not usually, but if you get a lot of sun exposure colors are more prone to bled out (IE.. black spreading)

or lighter colors fading.

( Note ): to those who get tattooed for longevity of your tattoos, Use sun block when you go out. Take a little time to protect your investment...

WC if you are ever in Fl, (Daytona Beach Area )Look me up and Ill touch up that tat for you (No Charge).

hairofthebear116.jpg

The bear tracks are my mark.

nice bear tracks....

hairofthebear116.jpg

The bear tracks are my mark.

Decent Yin / Yang, like the Harley one (original)

I saw a girl that had the USDA Prime choice inspection stamp tattoo on her fanny. I also saw one that said made in the USA. Great girls! lol

Edited by ryano

I saw a girl that had the USDA Prime choice inspection stamp tattoo on her fanny. I also saw one that said made in the USA. Great girls! lol

Every Australian on this forum is going to get a giggle from that.

Decent Yin / Yang, like the Harley one (original)

Thanks,I had a jeweler make me the bear track stamp,it's a little bigger than a nickel,works great on the back of my sheaths.But with the tracks on one side I felt off balance,so we worked up the Harley one for the other side.Feels much better now.Moon

I knew a punker girl named Little Debbie with a beautifully done rendition of the Little Debbie logo, and another girl with the Morton's salt label done as a half sleeve. Somewhat off topic, but two of the most memorable logo-related tattoos I've seen.

STEVE.............THAT IS A GOOD ONE.......... :notworthy:

I'll drink to that:cheers: I'll drink to pretty much anything:spoton:

I've been a tattoo artist for over 20 years, so I have quite a few tattoos, but I never considered a makers mark.Be aware, they are addictive. We all started with the phrase, "I'm only gonna get one." , it never works that way.

Edited by Hell Bent 4 Leather

Holy thread resurrection Batman! It's funny tho - I posted way back when it was started, back when I hadn't even decided on a maker's mark or logo yet - things have changed a little since then ;0)

Fuzzy "didn't have an iphone back then" pic ;0)

389936_10150473452901673_686971672_9017869_823527185_n.jpg

There's my Makers Mark...MY MOM AND DADS NAME!!!!!!!!

post-28433-095717800 1328371235_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

Now that's some great old skool flash art right there :)