I've seen this disclaimer on most holster auctions and pages. Has anyone ever actually had a customer think they were buying the gun with the holster?

I sell holsters on ebay...if you show a gun without the disclaimer that the gun is not for sale, they will delete your auction. Ebay's rules, witch I think is a bunch of B.S., but if you want to sell there, you have to follow their rules.

And yes some people will think that everything in the photos is included in the auction...you can't give people too much credit, they will surprise you. LOL

Even if people did not automatically think that the gun was included. There are people that would take advantage of no disclaimer and insist that you led them to believe that the gun was included because of the picture.

And THERE'S the thing, camano. Most people aren't ignorant enough to think they are getting the gun with the holster, but every so often you'll have one ignorant enough to try to accuse you of false advertising / fraud / deception.

Way back when (Feb) - I opened a cutesy shop, since that seemed so popular around here. Right off, some old boy bought a holster pattern. A week or so later, I get a nasty message -- he been watching the mail box for his holster. Maybe he believed it, maybe not, but he was willing to write nasty comments because he was expecting a hand crafted, tooled leather holster for under $10.

Etsy removed teh comments, since the picture clearly said "HOLSTER PATTERN" (in red capital letters) and the materials used section said "digital file download".

Didn't keep "zippy" from trying, though ....

Edited by JLSleather

When you deal with the public anything is possible.

Also when dealing with some of the public there are 3 things you cant fix : stupid, greed and a sense of entitlement.

Chris

There is a sure cure for stupid, but there are also strict laws prohibiting homicide.

There is a sure cure for stupid, but there are also strict laws prohibiting homicide.

Remove all warning labels and let nature sort itself out.

In my 3 years as a mechanic in high school/college. I've seen some interesting stuff pulled trying to get out of charges or get something for free. Sometimes it was such a nominal amount that we allowed it. ( 2 min fixes with a code reader or a shot of grease ). Other times were different. Customer tries to register "blemished" (cosmetically not functionally) tires with the manufacturer for the warranty when they knew it wouldn't work and wanted their money back after driving for a couple months and not giving back the tires. Which we wouldn't have taken anyway since they were special order odd size tires that we'd never be able sell again.