MonicaJacobson

Pic Of My Work Space...

... and what I did to it this afternoon....

Whoops!

post-38542-0-91850400-1415237993_thumb.j

LOL, I wish I had a cat to blame it on. At least you get side benefits with cats. They keep you keyboard warm, right? No, it was aaaall me.

After dumping a bottle of Tan Coat on myself and an almost empty bottle of black dye across my work table, I started putting an Irwin Quickgrip clamp on the bottles to make them more spill resistant.

Snubby, that idea is pure genius. I'll definitely do that next time.

I can't take credit for it. My wife thought of it. She just said, "so, put a clamp on it."

Oh my! I have fought with dye and lost my battle as well. The only good thing about it for me was that it was out in my garage where I airbrush my items. An entire Quart bottle of Fiebings bit the dust.

Karina

yikes! I've had a few close calls but nothing like that. So sorry.

lol...how can someone so skilled with a needle be so careless with a bottle of dye? A cautionary tale for all of us!

i knocked a full bottle of tan kote all over the floor yesterday lol

Thanks for the sympathy, guys - we are still in the process of taking a sander to it. Fortunately, my husband was very philosophical, longsuffering, and helpful.

Gafer, what are you doing with your mess? I hope your floor was concrete, at least. . . and not your dining room floor. ;)

LOL, Boyce, I have a history of clumsiness in my past. I was magic with a broom - I could knock things off of shelves without even being close. At least, that's what it felt like.

i just cleaned it up with paper towels and come up right it was on a wooden floor so not too bad

I make model aeroplanes, the plastic kits. It's quite common to make a base or frame of wood and set the bottle of liquid glue into it, to prevent that sort of thing

At least you're the woman of the house. Speaking as the man of a house I can say that if any of us had pulled something like that swift and terrible retribution in the form of a crap storm of Krakatoa proportions would rain down upon us...

Gafer - Glad it wasn't too much trouble. I had mixed my dye with lacquer thinner, so it was almost like it froze with the impact, because it evaporated off so fast. I barely had time to smear it around before it was dry.

Zulu - yes, I guess I'm surprised it hadn't happened already. Two years on the dining room table is a pretty good stretch without a catastrophe.

tboyce - Yes..... you are so right. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gone out to the shop, got a sander, and starting working on it like my husband did.

I can see a new work space in the future and an oriental rug for the dinning room. On my bench I have a piec of styrafoam with a hole the size of the dye bottle cut init. WHen I have an open bottle of dy it sits in the block of styrafoam. Very dificult to knock over.

Ohhh Monica - My heart sank when I saw the pic!
I've spilled a few, but on tile (The grout is still discolored).

My spills are mostly a bright red color...as in bloodshed.

I take pics of all my owies, and now have quite a portfolio. haha!

Send us a pic after cleanup and final "repairs". And God Bless your darling husband!!!!

The clamp is a good idea ,thank your wife....I usualy drop my bottles in a mug.

My wife says, "You're welcome, I shall strive to continue to be brilliant for you and your friends on the forum."

LOL, you guys are funny.

CamanoRidge - Styrofoam sounds about my speed. Or... better yet, a mug in styrofoam, with a clamp that clamps the whole mess down onto the table. I guess that might be overkill.

Hobbihorse - if the ink I spilled was blood red, I might have been tempted to leave it there and call it a conversation piece! "Oh yeah, that was Uncle Bob. He didn't like my lasagna. He's not with us anymore."

Surely not ?

Im sorry for your mishap Monica.

I appreciate your honesty though, and because of it ,

thanx go to those who posted remedys, Thanx All ! ------------- Wild Bill46

Wow! Cool! Not everybody can have a Jackson Pollack in their "studio."

LOL, Harvey, too bad I didn't think of that before - I dare say I would have left it there.

Hey Monica,

clamp_zpsa957b3d9.jpg

Works for me.