rktaylor

Stitching Repair On A Seat Jockey

A friend asked me to repair this stitching. Sorry for the image focus (or lack of). At first, I was thinking about stitching over it. But I am concerned I might damage more stitches. Then I thought about just pulling this thread back through the holes and tying it on the back side. Or maybe someone knows the correct way to fix it.

This is on the seat jockey and is only cosmetic.

Thanks,

Randy

post-46116-0-37736400-1401193369_thumb.j

Is the leather torn between the stitches where it is loose?

Did the machine just skip a stitch?

Joel

Joel

The holes are still intact. The stitches just broke loose.

Randy

Edited by rktaylor

Randy,

If I were doing it, I would cut that loose thread off and pull a few stitches back on each side then hand sew starting two holes back from the missing stitches and go until I had overstitched two holes on the other side. I would hand stitch only because if it is the seat jockey it would be too awkward to get it in the machine. Should take you about 15 minutes.

CW

CW,

It will have to be hand stitched, because I don't own a machine. That is exactly what I was thinking about doing, but was concerned I might damage the thread in the overstitched holes. My smallest needle is a double 0 and the holes are pretty small, The needle goes through fine, but I am not sure with extra thread in the hole. One way to find out.

Thanks for the advice,

Randy

I don't think you will have any problems Randy. Machine needles are a lot bigger than you sewing awl probably is.

Good luck,

CW