happycat

Hair Dye For Leather?

Anybody here ever try hair dye to dye leather? Im having a hell of a time getting the real thing out here Any thoughts?. I know I canh get it online but I hate waiting and paying for shipping.

I am not sure what nasty stuff might be in hair dye as all of them requiring rinsing after setting for the correct time. Some can actually burn the hair also.

I doubt they will work satisfactorily for leather.

But, stains made for wood will likely get you some very interesting colors and the variety is as endless as any leather dye. They might also be a lot cheaper.

CAUTION: Try wood stains on a scrap first. Make sure they dry properly and note how long it takes. Insure that they will also accept your other finishes.

Not sure where you are located, but UPS comes right to my door with anything I want. Be careful buying liquids in the winter as many can freeze in transit and arrive useless.

You can at least get some black, but you'll have to make it. Surprisingly easy and cheap. Just takes some time to set.