As some of you may know, Candace and I bought a place in May. I told her when we were shopping that it had to have a building on site that would be suitable for my shop. Well...here are a few pics. The shop is 24' X 24' with 10'6" ceilings. I have 14, 4' flourescent fixtures with daybright tubes. You'll notice there are no windows which I would like to have somedays, but really like the fact that people that stop in can't snoop through them to see what's inside for them to steal if they are so inclined!! My cutting table is 8 X 8 and has substantial storage underneath, including a set of blueprint/map drawers for patterns.Broken Horn001.JPGBroken Horn002.JPG

post-3534-125945770667_thumb.jpg

post-3534-12594577167_thumb.jpg

schweeeeeeeet shop elton!!...but i don't see the stereoparty26.gif

As some of you may know, Candace and I bought a place in May. I told her when we were shopping that it had to have a building on site that would be suitable for my shop. Well...here are a few pics. The shop is 24' X 24' with 10'6" ceilings. I have 14, 4' flourescent fixtures with daybright tubes. You'll notice there are no windows which I would like to have somedays, but really like the fact that people that stop in can't snoop through them to see what's inside for them to steal if they are so inclined!! My cutting table is 8 X 8 and has substantial storage underneath, including a set of blueprint/map drawers for patterns.Broken Horn001.JPGBroken Horn002.JPG

Hi Elton,

Lucky you! this is a really coool workshop! if it was mine, I would be glued on my sit here forever LOL. I hope you get your windows someday!! When using rubber cement and all sorts of finishes, you would want these done where there is lots and lotsa ventilation! :)

Rhona

Baguio, Philippines

Elton,

Looks like lots of room. I see you have the cushioned floor squares too. It only took me about 4 years to get mine done. Shop is looking good, and so is the work coming out of it. An eight by eight table is only a dream, WOW. Greet Candace,

Bruce and Rundi

Wow! Elton you have one sweet set up there. I am jealous!!! LOL! Like the way you laid it out and the blueprint drawers are inspired. Congrats on the lovely new shop!!! :notworthy:

Elton,

Gorgeous shop. Glad you are all moved in and up and running. I did notice that the name on the pictures is Broken Horn. If that is what you are calling your saddlery, you might have to buy all your trees second hand... :)

Looks real good Elton, Glad to see you have it set up. Where are you gonna put your metal working shop now? I really like how your tool racks turned out. Looks good all the way around.

Tim Worley

great looking shop but whats on the other 3 walls lol. Bronc

sweet setup, would add a vent though... as suggested... makes mine look shabby... good goin!

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Tim, the metalworking room is to the left of what you see in the 1st pic. To the right is the sewing machine/water cooler/beer fridge wall which also contains the walk in door.

Bonnie, the other three walls are nothing exciting except for the things I just described to Tim. One wall has 6' tall shelves containing things that won't be in my shop come spring once I have a shed built to keep them in!!

That looks real great!! I only have an extra room in our new /old house we bought in summer 08 this place is a four bedroom home so I got one of the extras. Soon I will finally make this leather room very detailed, I really like your work bench with all the holders very nice and neat

Just to let you know, I am officially jealous!

Very nice place.

Dave

AWESOME!!

I do have a question...you got a mirror on your work bench, what do you use that for?

Please dont say vanity or watching yourself or combing your hair (unless your bald)....serious Q though whats the mirror fer?

AWESOME!!

I do have a question...you got a mirror on your work bench, what do you use that for?

Please dont say vanity or watching yourself or combing your hair (unless your bald)....serious Q though whats the mirror fer?

LOL...sorry but that's not a mirror, it's a piece of plate glass that I skive on.

Here's a couple more...Broken Horn003.JPGBroken Horn004.JPG

dang, looks good! did you make the cinch? you are also a whale of a woodworker too, I like the carving by the tube,but where is the a.m f.m.? gotta have Patsy in the background, take care Edward

# Leatherwork Specialty:Rodeo Chaps, chinks, belts, and someday hopefully saddles

Change your profile Elton.

Barra

You_Rock_Emoticon.gifthumbsup.gifnotworthy.gif Elton Thanks, now I have drool all over my keyboards.man this shop rocks I am envious. nice collection of tools. WOW.

Glad I can make people jealous!!!

Yes I made the cinch, actually Candace ties the bodies and I do the diamonds.

The carving was done by a friend and fellow L.W. member, Steve Mason.

The tv is also a dvd/cd player so there's always entertainment besides the tap tap tap on my stamp rock.

I am a full time carpenter, so I hope my wood working skills are decent.

Thanks for taking a look

Why do you skive on plate glass?

Elton

your shop is great, I just added on to mine also but am not ready to move in yet, I will try to post pics when I do. How wide did you make your work bench? I use plan drawers like you but they are 34"wide and I am wondering if i make my bench that wide if it will limit the available reach to tools on the at back of bench.

Congratulations on a great space

Dink

Elton

your shop is great, I just added on to mine also but am not ready to move in yet, I will try to post pics when I do. How wide did you make your work bench? I use plan drawers like you but they are 34"wide and I am wondering if i make my bench that wide if it will limit the available reach to tools on the at back of bench.

Congratulations on a great space

Dink

Elton, are you trying to make me jealous?????!!!!! Good job. Nice talkin' to you the other day. Steve

Great looking shop, Elton! I'm definitely jealous! And an 8'x 8' cutting table?! I'm with Bruce....that's incredible! I love the blueprint drawers too...no more patterns nailed to the walls! WOW!

Thanks for sharing.....

Bobby

Just a sweet shop Elton great setup and you do awsome work.

Josh

NICE!! I am jealous!!

Art