TomG

Glove Snaps

What thickness of leather are these intended for? I've been using them on 4 oz, but recently, I've been having problems with the male parts coming loose from the post. The post just doesn't seem to form properly inside the male piece.

I messed around with some today and had to set it so hard it cut the leather on one edge.

Any tips or advise?

The 14 and 16 are for 6 oz max. as far as I know and I think some places are not going to stock the 14 before to long.

Hmm...are you referring to glove snaps or Segma's? I know Segmas come in those 2 sizes. These glove snaps are labeled as 10 mm

I went by my local Tandy today to make sure I was using the right tools, which I am. The kit for the Segma's uses the same male snap setter for both. But I also have a deluxe set with a male setter that is a much longer and larger diameter. Same size hole though.

I have an older set a friend gave me that has a plate with 2 holes on it. One for Segma and one for the glove. That worked much better.

I still don't know why I am suddenly having issues after 2 years of using these for this item.

Weird... But at least I have a work-around.