chancey77

The Next Victim! Vintage Tele Wrap And Tool!

So here is my next major project to start while I am working on the 1951 Ford Door Panels.

A Vintage Fender Tele...full on wrap and tool job! My idea is pretty wild, it may even get the cowboys to get on board with this one! Wild West scene coming on the front and back and sides of the Leather Wrap!

Going to pick up the guitar from the customer tomorrow!!!!!!

I have been wanting to do a wrap on mine...but you know how it goes...a mechanic's car never runs...hahahaha

I make leather all day every day and never seem to hardly have time for my own plans!...Isn't just the way:)

post-28433-034691500 1331480550_thumb.jp

Ok this is going to be over the top. How will it affect the sound?

I am working with one of the best luthiers in the world and we have some tricks up our sleeves! It will sound WAY better than it does now!

WooHoo!!! I think it might actually help the sound. Might help to mellow out that sometimes too much treble sound I hear in some Tele's.

Another cool project to follow along with

You are on fire!!

:) Trying anyway!

WooHoo!!! I think it might actually help the sound. Might help to mellow out that sometimes too much treble sound I hear in some Tele's.

A electric guitar is all about the pick ups anyway...and Scott has some super sick mods and ways to make that tele sound like it should...My luthier is in charge of Steven Seagal's massive blues legends guitar vault...he is my frakin' hero!

He owns Albert Kings guitars and anyone you can name when it comes to blues legends he actually owns THAT guys guitar!

Anyway, Scott is a miracle worker and he said he would have that Tele stripped and ready for me in 10 minuets...and I am more than welcome to come over and time him....I think I will LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

It may mellow out the wood, but it really isn't going to affect anything accept natural sustain...but the is easily fixed with a volume and pick up mod.

It may mellow out the wood, but it really isn't going to affect anything accept natural sustain...but the is easily fixed with a volume and pick up mod.

I always judge a guitar by how it sounds unplugged. I'm an amateur luthier as well, so I know that anything outside the wood I can "adjust" to my liking with ease :)

Well, here she is in all her plainness...like Sarah Plain and Tall... but not for long!!!! I just got it and already have the top outlines done:)

post-28433-070878600 1331574548_thumb.jp

Not a fan of the tele myself, but am interested in the out come for sure.

So ok day 1 on the disassembly of the tele and we decided to sell the good Nitro Shot BEAUTIFUL piece of Swamp Ash from fender 52 tele reissue..it was perfect and instead of plaining down the finish that is going to melt when I add the glue and since Nitro shot guitar bodies are rare in Europe(all poly) we are ordering a exact licensed Fender 52 reissue plain wood Swamp Ash body from Warmouth, and sell the body to help fund the project. I gave the guitar back to the client so he can play it while the other body is shipped here in a few days and also play his current boat anchor and get to know it a little bit before we blow his mind with what a guitar should feel,play and sound like!!!

....but that being said....

Kaisa Chancey has already started the original artwork for the guitar and I may or may not post pictures of those until she is done......SHE MIGHT KICK MY BUTT IF I POST THEM NOW....but I can tell you she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! And almost has the front done.

OK maybe just a taste......:)

post-28433-010207100 1331743988_thumb.jp

post-28433-082309100 1331743999_thumb.jp

post-28433-043519100 1331745263_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

....but that being said....

Kaisa Chancey has already started the original artwork for the guitar and I may or may not post pictures of those until she is done......SHE MIGHT KICK MY BUTT IF I POST THEM NOW....but I can tell you she is amazing!!!!!!!!!!! And almost has the front done.

OK maybe just a taste......:)

SHE'S GONNA BEAT YOU!!!!!

Good call on selling the body. Nitro finish takes A LOT of work, so better not to ruin it and let someone else enjoy it :thumbsup:

(Ok, maybe it's just a lot when you're the one who has to wait for it to cure before playing it)

WARMOUTH BODY SHIPPED OUT TODAY! I love it when things are moving forward:) I can do other things with my thumbs now!:) like spoton.gif hahaha

OK DAY 1 CARVING:) I just got started:)

This is the front bottom and Left area....the main body. More riders will be coming from the right soon.

Still waiting on the body to arrive so just over where it looks like the cow skull horn isn't finished is actually where the volume and tone selector is going to be fitting in:)

post-28433-074593600 1333280008_thumb.jp

Very cool Chancey, c

I like the scene. I think this is going to look awesome! Can't wait to see more.

WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Body tonight!!!!!!!!!!

I can see this thing is really going to come together fast...just as soon as I have all the holes marked properly for the bridge, pickups and tone control plate...

But at least now I have my shapes and art limits...

It is still going to take quite a while before it is finished because I am really taking my time with the scenes. Some of the stuff is so incredibly small and I am working with a straight blade...I need to go ahead and make my other knife angled for the corners... But I am amazed even with a straight hollow ground just how small I can get:)

post-28433-061461600 1333308399_thumb.jp

post-28433-089366100 1333308402_thumb.jp

post-28433-039930600 1333308406_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

I probably shouldn't mention it... But I now can't get the idea of this cowboy being so tough he can have dainty jeans pockets outta my head...

I probably shouldn't mention it... But I now can't get the idea of this cowboy being so tough he can have dainty jeans pockets outta my head...

That is pretty funny grasshopper:) I mean Domino:)

It aint done yet:) hhahahaharofl.gif

Ok so I have been doing some more work to the Tele... I have been so busy with motorcycle stuff the last 2 months, this was put on the back burner, but now I have had some more time the last couple days to start adding the details and making it pop. There is still SOOOOOO much to do! Including the back that is going to be all carved as well....wowsers, I know how to bite off a big chunk...LOL

This is my first guitar wrap job, I have been wanting to do one for so long, but never had the chance. I have sent out emails to people that do this all the time; but as usual, no reply or any help at all. I was hoping someone who has done this a few times could have given me some tips, but NO AS PER USEUAL...NO REPLY!

Oh well....I will learn myself ...THE HARD WAY...AS ALWAYS!

post-28433-056039500 1336584565_thumb.jp

post-28433-048031500 1336585059_thumb.jp

Edited by chancey77

Oh well....I will learn myself ...THE HARD WAY...AS ALWAYS!

Looks great, good on you for having the stones to tackle a project like that! Its still far above me.

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress on it, I always look forward to your work.

Thanks for the update.

Kevin

Looks great, good on you for having the stones to tackle a project like that! Its still far above me.

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress on it, I always look forward to your work.

Thanks for the update.

Kevin

Aren't you guys glad I aint like that...hahahaha

What is wrong with people?? Never mind I know the answer...LOL

Thanks Kevin!