Sign in to follow this  
Randy Cornelius

Introduction

Thought I sould tell everyone a little about me. I signed up on this forum last year but there was not much activity at the time and I kinda drifted away. I got an email from Johanna inviting me to come back which I did and much to my suprise I seen thousands of members. I have posted a few things over the last several days so I thought I sould tell everyone a little about me and what I do.

I live south of Kansas City near a small town in Eastern Kansas. I still work for a living as Deputy Sheriff. But looking to retire soon and hope the leather business will keep me from having to find another job. lol. I do just about anything that involves leather. I started out in leather as a kid and have picked it up and put if down over the years. Got real serious about 10 years ago. I do all the normal belts, wallets, portfolios etc. Went to saddle making school 2 years ago and have now built several saddles. I would like to go to boot making school also if time and money permits. I make chaps and all kinds of horse gear and do saddle and tack repair. I also do a lot of law enforcement work and K-9 leather gear. Work out of my basement but have built a new shop that I hope to get finished this fall or winter.

I got my son Riley interested in leather work 3 years ago when he was 14 years old. He showed his first piece at the IFoLG show in Denver 2 years ago and won a first and a second in his two classes, He was hooked. We met Bill Gomer and Chan Geer that year in Denver and both were inpressed with his work and took him under thier wing. He was nominated for the Ann Stohlman Award for Youth Achievement in Leathercraft and was one of the reciepiants in 2006. I took him to Sheridan 3 years ago and we have not missed a year since. We met Bruce Johnson there and he is considered a dear friend. He is truely an accomplished leatherworker with a fast knowledge. I an glad to see him posting her. Riley is now 17 and a very accomplised carver in his own right and I am proud of him. I wish I would have had the instruction he has gotten when I was his age.

I teach leathercraft to the local County 4-H every year and try to make it to some of the shows each year. I hope to see some of you in Ft. Worth. I think it will be quite a show and party.

I will get off the soap box and quit borring you all.

Good night.

Randy

Randy, Glad to see you here. Sounds like you are one busy person! We look forward to seeing your work!

Tim

Yeah, I remember those lean months last summer when the forum was just getting started. Luckily, we picked up a whole bunch of new members in the fall and carrying over into the spring that have been great contributors here.

Glad to see you back -- you do beautiful work.

Regards, -Alex