Sign in to follow this  
jmkjmk2

What The Heck Is This Thing?

So this was in a collection of tools I bought and I have no idea what it is. Check it out and see if you have ever seen one. What is it? what's it used for? What era is this from? You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Edited by jmkjmk2

It's a lever stamp machine that was sold by Tandy for years, some fifty-sixty years ago. There were various punch attachments availible for it. They come up on ebay once in a while.

It looks more like a chisel punch. But you say it had various punch attachments for it?

It's a lever stamp machine that was sold by Tandy for years, some fifty-sixty years ago. There were various punch attachments availible for it. They come up on ebay once in a while.

OK, I looked it up in the 1964 Tandy catalog. Yours is missing the original handle which looks to be much like the handles on Tandy's regular hand tools. The "Lever Punch" (cat#1759) sold for $12.00. It came with punching needles for making 1/8" and 3/32" lacing holes. Extra needles, as well as an optional diamond saddle stitch needle cost 75 cents.

Hmmmm $12.00 new, This one is used and missing a part, Ill give you $4.58 for it and you pay shipping. :rolleyes2:

<i know one thing my neighbors would LOVE ME SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH IF I OWNED THAT!

Also NICE RULER!!!!!! FISKARS THAT IS MADE IN FISKARS FINLAND! GREAT TOOLS!!!!!! KILLER LITTLE VILLAGE!

Edited by chancey77