NoahL

"Apocalyptic Survivor's" Choker

Not much to say about it, I suppose. Another punk-fashion item made of 7-8oz horsehide leather that I textured, dyed, and distressed to look old and beat up (and I only barely burnished the edges--just enough to make them not look like fur :P). It's pretty simple, and adjusts with a leather thong that has been given one good rubbing with EVOO to give it an old look and some flexibility, but I like it. My lovely girlfriend was the model for the last two.

34h6eqq.jpg

2vdk3k8.jpg

2iu2arq.jpg

17e0ds.jpg

Cool look to it, rugged and will only look nicer with the years as it catches on real patina.

Would be really cool as a belt.

Tom

Cool look to it, rugged and will only look nicer with the years as it catches on real patina.

Would be really cool as a belt.

Tom

Thanks Tom! I actually have made a dee-ring belt in a similar style to this--I just made the distressed look a little more subtle. One of these days, though, I will probably make a regular belt in this style, as soon as I've gotten the process of distressing/aging brass down to a science :P.

~Noah

Thanks Tom! I actually have made a dee-ring belt in a similar style to this--I just made the distressed look a little more subtle. One of these days, though, I will probably make a regular belt in this style, as soon as I've gotten the process of distressing/aging brass down to a science :P .

~Noah

you did it again my friend nice work!--ritch

you did it again my friend nice work!--ritch

Thanks Ritch! This one I didn't lay down a coat of brown first because I wanted a more dramatic difference between the pitting and the worn surface, and it worked out exactly as planned :)

Thanks Tom! I actually have made a dee-ring belt in a similar style to this--I just made the distressed look a little more subtle. One of these days, though, I will probably make a regular belt in this style, as soon as I've gotten the process of distressing/aging brass down to a science :P.

~Noah

for aging brass play with some Brownells Oxpho-Blue http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1072/Pr...OXPHO_BLUE_reg_ buckskinners use it to age brass on their new "fittings".

for aging brass play with some Brownells Oxpho-Blue http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1072/Pr...OXPHO_BLUE_reg_ buckskinners use it to age brass on their new "fittings".

Thanks, MBOGO I had gotten a similar suggestion some time ago regarding brass rivets, but I just haven't gotten a chance to go pick up any of that cold bluing stuff yet. As it turns out, a knifemaker wants a belt in the same style as this choker, so I'll have an excuse :P

~Noah

Thanks, MBOGO I had gotten a similar suggestion some time ago regarding brass rivets, but I just haven't gotten a chance to go pick up any of that cold bluing stuff yet. As it turns out, a knifemaker wants a belt in the same style as this choker, so I'll have an excuse :P

~Noah

As always play around on some scrap.