danicarby

Very Intrigued With Leatherwork And Industrial Machines!

Here's my introduction. My name is Dani, I live in Michigan, 27-years-old, stay-at-home mom to 3 small boys. I've sewn all my life, started making/selling patterns and that moved me onto making bags (cute diaper bags) and baby carriers. Now I've gotten into seeing the beauty of old sewing machines and have really become quite obsessed with them. Now I buy/fix-up/sell them as a hobby which usually includes re-wiring motors and taking everything apart to clean really well.

I'm starting to realize I've really done myself a disservice and to my customers by not using the right kind of sewing machine/thread for my products. My products would be SO much better if they had the thicker/stronger thread and would look more professional too!

I also teach sewing classes and would love to give my students (young mom's like me) the opportunity to sew on an industrial machine and see what is out there besides just their cheap plastic Singers :)

I found leatherworker.net by looking into different models of machines and have really gathered a lot of information on this site. I appreciate the knowledge and experience of others and their willingness to help people like me!

My blog: theprojectlady.blogspot.com

My pattern shop: twirlybirdpatterns.etsy.com

My product shop: twirlybirdbaby.etsy.com

post-51694-0-91418700-1398353423_thumb.j

post-51694-0-79189100-1398353432_thumb.j

post-51694-0-92752200-1398354005_thumb.j

Welcome aboard. I like your designs, and if you will be making bags I suggest a cylinder arm machine. There are ad banners on the top of the page here for companies that sell the machines that most of us use here. I have a cowboy 227r, and it would work great for what you are doing.

Hi Dani, Welcome to the forum. I also love your bags, and I checked out your blog as well. Interesting pics showing how you break down and repair machines, and I too wish you had a video of your very first experience when the machine sparked like dynamite. I got a chuckle of of that although I am sure it wasn't funny at the time.

There are some very nice people here that are very forthcoming with info, so if you have any questions just ask, someone is always willing to help.

Karina